ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

next steps

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
ok after the car got a good going over for fcs i was just wondering what order i should be applying things now......after it got pc'd etc i then went for super resin and extra gloss protection with natty's blue on top

do i just keep applying in this order after a wash or is there other methods??

cheers in advance neil

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Get your self a wash mit & 2 buckets a nice shampoo, a drying towel of some sort.
no need to polish with SRP everytime you wash even EGP I wouldn't bother with just every few months... But, keep topping it up every other wash with Nattys blue.
Maybe invest in a good QD (quick detail) spray which can be used after you have dried the car to remove any water marks you can even use it at the drying stage to stop this happening.

106 GTi
Keep washing it carefully to prevent swirls. Quick Detail after a wash to increase gloss, or just throw on another coat of wax if you have time or want to increase protection.

Now you have the EGP base for the protection it would be silly to polish and strip that off unless you have to. In 3 - 6 months time I would look at repolishing and sealanting it. In the mean time wash, q'd and wax is all you should need.

If you find it lacking in looks before you could always use something like Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7 before a coat of wax to add some more gloss.

To add more durable protection you could also look into some OCW spray wax/sealant to use after a wash.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looks like i am going to have to invest in some detailer spray then...recommendations

rich i am sure swirls are coming back already....lol

106 GTi
Chemical Guys Anti Static Quik Detailer is my my new fave, kept mine clean all the way to the FCS.

Take plenty of care washing it!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
roof, bonnet, am not sure bout the quarters and doors though

not terribly bad but quite visable after going over with water magnet...i swear its that thing

106 GTi
Try a small area with some Scratch X see if it clears them up?

Having a 100% swirl free car is near on impossible in reality.

Monaco 172 2/468
With that anti-static stuff do you dilute it and spray it all over the car ??

Also, say megs quick detailer, if you used that, would you spray that all over also ?

... and with both, leave to dry, or wipe off ?

Octavia VRS
I used the Megs to clean bird crap off the other night and I left it on for a min or two then used a microfibre to wipe off

106 GTi
Wipe on, wipe off like any detail spray here used as it comes in the bottle. Just used it on mine in the sun and even on Black it seems fine.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
will be ordering some when i get paid then

in answer to your question rich i had a big off on my bike, hole in my arm, dislocated shoulder.....etc....