ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus 5 wont turn on or charge? Any ideas?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Basically since I've had my note 4 it's been in the draw. Recently I've tried to turn it on and it's totally dead? Wont charge or show the battery symbol. I've changed the battery, nothing. Charged it forever. Held down all buttons for a long time.

What else can I try other than bin it? lol

My brother had this, was still in warranty so got it swapped. Some of the HTC's have a similar issue, if the battery drains fully it refuses to turn on. With the HTC holding a certain button combination forces a battery reset or something, or try it under a bright light, it has an effect due to the proximity sensor. Clutching at straws really but worth a go.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My brother had this, was still in warranty so got it swapped. Some of the HTC's have a similar issue, if the battery drains fully it refuses to turn on. With the HTC holding a certain button combination forces a battery reset or something, or try it under a bright light, it has an effect due to the proximity sensor. Clutching at straws really but worth a go.
Thanks mate. I'll try it. Worth a go..lol
could replace the battery?
Already done mate. Got a brand new one in there.

Listerine & Poledo
How long did you actually charge it for, "Forever" doesn't really help.
Chances are you had it on long enoguh, but once batteries get so low it will take them "Forever" to recognise an incoming charge (alpha levels? something like that, I remember from my former years in the industry)

Clio 197
Check your plug , if it splits in two chances are it's come loose. Had the same with mine.
8f2ecab801f4489a33e3395c3add4682.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Check your plug , if it splits in two chances are it's come loose. Had the same with mine.
Tried multiple chargers mate.
How long did you actually charge it for, "Forever" doesn't really help.
Chances are you had it on long enoguh, but once batteries get so low it will take them "Forever" to recognise an incoming charge (alpha levels? something like that, I remember from my former years in the industry)
4 days?