ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nexus Madness

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
That sucked more balls than Apples ordering system. I f**king hate "ajax" shopping carts.

Still, I got one eventually.

Corsa SXi
Isn't that what it says when it's sold out though? The 8GB is available

Edit: 8GB not available either now, it was earlier

Last edited:
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeah the Nexus 4 8gb was available to buy for about 5 minutes at like 7:55 for some odd reason. Then went back to coming soon.

Should be live sometime this afternoon apparently, already gone live and sold out within 22 minutes in Australia.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I got through the second it went live, it went to place the order but rejected it because my postcode was in lower case! By the time I'd changed it to upper case all hell had broken loose and it was impossible to get an order through, ajax would timeout or the cart would just empty.

Eventually managed to get one through.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I doubt they have much stock too. 2-300,000?

Who knows...maybe they'll tell us all - then again, maybe not.

I suspect it was probably much lower than that.

The americans are going to have fun in a few hours time.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Mine has been delivered.

However, thanks to the google checkout flicking my home address back to my card address during ordering, it's gone to my parents house rather than our house.

I thought I was going mad, I was sure I'd picked the correct address. I ordered a bumper afterwards as well and I watched it flick the address back when I clicked buy.

Oh well! Will meet my Dad somewhere on Saturday to pick it up!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Finally got my hands on a 4 today, nice hardware however it's a bit boring to look at. Camera is s**t, but the camera interface is amazing. Was surprised how smooth the OS was along side an iPhone almost on a par, few stutters but nothing major.

Browsing the web was interesting, significantly slower than a 5 when loading pages which surprised me.

King of the Androids now. Deffo in the top 3 with the iPhone 5 and 8X.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Finally got my hands on a 4 today, nice hardware however it's a bit boring to look at. Camera is s**t, but the camera interface is amazing. Was surprised how smooth the OS was along side an iPhone almost on a par, few stutters but nothing major.

Browsing the web was interesting, significantly slower than a 5 when loading pages which surprised me.

Chrome is known to have less than ideal performance, that said I've not seen any pages that rendered slow, they've all been quick.

If you want blistering performance you can stick the old android browser on as long as your device is rooted

2014 Focus Titanium

I agree one of the weakest parts of android is the web browsing. Pinching/moving around still isn't smooth enough, it's not bad, it's just not as good as iOS.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Chrome is known to have less than ideal performance, that said I've not seen any pages that rendered slow, they've all been quick.

If you want blistering performance you can stick the old android browser on as long as your device is rooted

Not slow, just slower.

Rooting, just like jailbreaking in the old days of iOS is a massive pita. Seeing as desktop chrome seems to be so rapid (seemingly down to software) I expected better from the mobile equivalent, it's by no means bad, just needs to be better.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

are you sure you need to root? should just be able to change a setting to install from non play store sources which will let you sideload

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Not slow, just slower.

Rooting, just like jailbreaking in the old days of iOS is a massive pita. Seeing as desktop chrome seems to be so rapid (seemingly down to software) I expected better from the mobile equivalent, it's by no means bad, just needs to be better.

Rooting really isn't that bad or difficult, certainly much easier than maintaining a jailbreak.

Unlock boot loader
Flash cwm recovery
Boot into recovery
Install from SD card (installs busy box and su binaries)

On my nexus 7 it automatically went into cwm after an ota update and as all I had to do was install from SD to maintain the root.

I don't why mobile chrome appears to be slower than is expected, other than its still early days for it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
are you sure you need to root? should just be able to change a setting to install from non play store sources which will let you sideload

Apparently it needs deeper integration with the is, hence root. I could be wrong though, it was just something I read the other day.

2014 Focus Titanium
Sod rooting, can't be arsed any more and I can't see the advantage in it nowadays. For me personally anyway.

Stock FTW.

Decided against the Nexus 10. I don't think I'd be able to live with the less than premium feel that some reviews mention. Collecting a white Wi-Fi 32GB iPad 4 later on.

Maybe next time Google.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Rooting is nothing more than installing su and busy box binaries, in all other respects its stock.

Google messed up by not making (by forcing Samsung) the nexus 10 just a bigger version of the 7. The 7 feels and looks quality whereas the 10 looks like its something that you'd find stocked in toys r us.

I agree. It seems they've entered the premium tablet market with a sub-premium product in terms of how it looks and feels.

2014 Focus Titanium
Rooting is nothing more than installing su and busy box binaries, in all other respects its stock.

Google messed up by not making (by forcing Samsung) the nexus 10 just a bigger version of the 7. The 7 feels and looks quality whereas the 10 looks like its something that you'd find stocked in toys r us.

Didn't Asus make the 7 not Samsung? Or am I missing something? I agree with what you are saying though, stupid Google missed a trick there.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
How are google making these phones so cheap, think I might buy one to replace my god awful sensation XE when they come back in stock. For £240 its rude not too!