ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NGK iriduim copper and iridium XI for 1*2

clio 172
So.. I'be been searching the forum but found really no answer about how to decode the NGK part numbers. Basically I am trying to find out which plugs across the whole NGK range fit the 1*2. I'll be buying a set of each (copper and iridium IX, to begin with, car has the reno branded laser iridium on).

I plan on doing a blind test to see if there is enough difference for a regular human being to notice the different plugs:

- I'll have a mate change the plugs 3 different times, without me knowing which set is installed
- Each time I'll drive the car around the city, then head for a b road and give it the beans
- I'll pick the set that I thought felt "better"
- I'll repeat the experiment the follwing two weekends, and see if I pick the same set every time.

So, can anyone help me out with part numbers for copper and iridium XI? Ive tried sparkplugs.co.uk but i've turned out more than a dozen different plugs that "seem" to have the same size and heat range, but then if it's the same plug, why the F--- do they list all those different part numbers? need to decode them to know for sure. Any help is much appreciated!

RS RIP
hang on ; replies will come. You are 8 to 9 hours earlier than us up here. i think most will come when you go out for a beer or to bed ;)

Also change the leads while you're at testing the best plugs !

clio 172
hang on ; replies will come. You are 8 to 9 hours earlier than us up here. i think most will come when you go out for a beer or to bed ;)

Also change the leads while you're at testing the best plugs !

Already ordeder leads form performanceleads.uk (I think?). Cant run a good test with old leads!

clio 172
Thanks Dany. Sparkplugs.uk has a copper to iridium IX cross reference chart, so that takes care of the missing plug:

St copper BCPR6ES
Iridium IX BCPR6EIX

Hope to get the leads next week, then a couple of weeks to post my findings!