ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon 5100 or ........

Corsa Van. Meh.
Looking for a bit of advice really.

I've been looking at getting myself the Nikon 5100 and just wondered should I be looking at anything else around the same budget? Canon etc...

I've used a 3100 and the set up of the Nikon seems to suit me.

Cheers.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?588094-Nikon-5100

I upgraded to a D5100 last week mate. Still not had chance to go for a play really but I'm very impressed so far, especially in low light. Only thing I don't like is the fact that it doesn't have an in-built autofocus motor, but I would have had to spend another ~£250 for the D7000 (which has a similar tech spec).

Best advice is to go and try both the D5100 and the Canon equivalent, only you will know which interface you prefer.

Corsa Van. Meh.
What price range you looking at bud?

Up-to about £800.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?588094-Nikon-5100

I upgraded to a D5100 last week mate. Still not had chance to go for a play really but I'm very impressed so far, especially in low light. Only thing I don't like is the fact that it doesn't have an in-built autofocus motor, but I would have had to spend another ~£250 for the D7000 (which has a similar tech spec).

Best advice is to go and try both the D5100 and the Canon equivalent, only you will know which interface you prefer.

Thanks Luke. As you say, it's a big step up in money for built in focus.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Depends how important video is to you. If not very then I would say D90 is still the one to go for if you prefer Nikon, for £800 you could get it with couple lenses. If very then the D5100 with couple of lenses or stretch a bit for a D7000.