ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon D40 Issue

Mondeo ST220
I've looked in the manual and searched the net but can't find the answer to this.

When playing back images on the camera it has lots of information in front of the picture. e.g shutter, aperture, focal length. How can I get rid of this because I cannot see the pictures properly?

Cheers

Black 172...KN53EL*
If it's similar menu to the D80, pressing up / down on the D pad shows different info about the pic etc, or no info which is what you want.

Last edited:
  A silver Honda
I have the D40x

If the screen is flashing it means those areas are over-exposed on the picture.

I think the graph is to show you the light balance. If the graph is flat you have an even lighting in the picture.

If you have more peaks on the left the photo is quite dark and if you more on the right then the picture is more brighter or over-exposed.

I think that's right lol

Black 172...KN53EL*
The graph is the histogram. it shows a range of tones in the picture. The position of the 'graph' will vary depending on what you're shooting, ideally you want to be able to see the 'start' and 'end' of the graph without it looking like it starts or finishes past the left / right hand side - if it does chances are you're going to lose detail in the shadows / bright ares, and you should adjust exposure & re take the pic.

Thats my understanding on it from when I read up on it anyway.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
how do you get the graph? is it when you press up? hwo do yuo get it when taking a picture?

Black 172...KN53EL*
Yeah, but as far as I know you can only view histogram info for pictures you've already taken (unless you have a camera with live view then it may be available but I'm just guessing)