ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon flash help?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
guys ive got an sb600 flash for my d60 and i thought you could get some kind of remote trigger so you dont need the flash connected to the camera at all.

am i correct or talking crap?

all help welcome

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Not sure if it works on the D60, but there should be a setting in the flash menu on the camera so set the flash to commander mode. This will send a signal to the SB600 (when in slave mode), but won't acutally appear in the picture. It's Nikons CLS system.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Not sure if it works on the D60, but there should be a setting in the flash menu on the camera so set the flash to commander mode. This will send a signal to the SB600 (when in slave mode), but won't acutally appear in the picture. It's Nikons CLS system.

sorry dont understand say that again?

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
You want me just to write the same thing out again?

There should be a setting on your camera (within the flash settings) which allows you to set the onboard flash to Commander mode. This will send a signal to the SB600 telling it to go off (aslong as the sb600 is set to the slave mode). Simple.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
oh ok so i dont actually need any additonal kit to use the flash seperate from the camera.

ill have to have a look in the instruction book.

Storm Grey 200
I googled this the other day and found out how to do it, i wil try link you, as its a pain to figure out with manuals iirc

Nimbus 197
two main ways to use your SB600 off camera:

Radio Triggers - YongNuo RF602 triggers: cheap, quite popular. PocketWizards are the expensive option.

Nikon CLS - For the D60, you need a commander unit to trigger the off camera flash - this can be an SB800, an SB900 or an SU800.

You DO need additional kit in order to be able to use your flassh off camera. I suggest you get some RF602s as they're relatively cheap. I have a set myself and can report no major problems although I prefer to use CLS.