ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nikon lens advice please.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
orite everyone been takin alot of pictures with my d40 recently with the 18-55 lens. and i am wanting a couple more. one for landscapes (sunsets and things like that) and maybe one with some zoomage. it would be a pluss if you could post me some links to them cheers. another question is if i got lenses can they be used on different nikon cameras like a d90.thanks:rasp:

you'll be wanting an ultra wide angle and a telephotozoom. depends how much you want to spend really lol

any lens that can be used on a D40 can be used on a D90

mk5 fiesta zetec s
hmmm starting uni in september so will use my grant to get some bits. i know the 70-300 is around 350 pounds. could u send me a link to a decent wide angle one bud

Depends on your budget, but a think a prime lens is a must!!

Wide angle:

Sigma 10-20 HSM

Zoom (budget depending):

Nikon 55-200 VR
Nikon 70-300 VR
Sigma 70-300 APO
Nikon 16-85 VR
Nikon 18-200 VR
Sigma 50-150 HSM

Plus a prime is a must IMO!!

Nikon 35mm 1.8g AF-S
Nikon 50mm 1.4g AF-S
Nikon 50mm 1.8D
Nikon 50mm 1.4D
Sigma 30mm HSM
Sigma 50mm HSM

There are loads more - but thats my pick of the more affordable stuff out there!
All the above lenses with work on the D90 and auto focus on your D40.

Depending on your budget, the 18-200VR lens is an amazing bit of kit.
Its expensive, but it does everything due to its focal lengths.

Ive got one, and if I go somewhere and can only take one lens, its always that one :)

I used to have a 18-200 and found it was good at everything, but excelled in nothing! A great lens if your shooting a variety of pics without wanting to change lenses.