ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NIP - 111mph

Hi folks,

An NIP from Central Scotland Police came this morning for my brother MAC35L), for a recorded speed of 111mph :eek: on the M9 near Stirling. He remembers doing this speed so its not a miss-print or anything.

The thing is that he no longer stays at my house anymore and stays elsewhere, however all of his doccuments are still in my address if you know what I mean. I was thinking about sending the NIP back, saying this person does not longer live here, and I have no forwarding address for him due to a family argument - do you think the time delay will mean that the NIP will be void by the time they catch up with him?

Before anybody sais thats a stupid speed etc etc....we have all done it, and you take your chance like everybody else.

Cheers, Mac

don't

u could get him in more trouble, as not informing the dvla of a change of address can result in a big fine, over £1000 i think

be careful

go on pepipoo.com and on the forums and ask them for some advice on the matter

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 08 December 2004

Yep, hell probably be in the sh*t more for not informing the dvla of an address change.
Yeah, but would it not make sense to face a big fine from the DVLA rather than getting banned for a year? Or can the cops make you face the speeding NIP if they catch up with you, say 2 months down the road?

[Edited by MAC30L on 08 December 2004 at 3:43pm]

don't

yea offences do not time out until after 6 months as far as i know

if his licence is clean at moment it will help, along with conditions on the day

go on the pepipoo forums and ull get expert advise rather than us just taking guesses at answers

it looks like he will be sending the NIP back and hoping for the best.

Any ideas what he will get? I was thinking £500 fine, 3 months ban and maybe 6 points?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

If you dont tell them, both of you become liable for perverting the course of justice (I believe).

TBH, the Police seem to be caring less about 100+, they are running out of people to fine / ban, so the 30 day bands are becoming a lot more common.

Plus he would only have to decare the ban to insurance, with an otherwise clean licence / a few years no claims, wont make too big a difference.

If theyve sent the NIP out within two weeks of the offence then it is valid, despite him not living there. They are allowed to have 6 months or so to track someone down (e.g. through business insurance if its a company car) as long as they get the NIP out in time.

I think...

Pepipoo is where you should be!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dont f**k about with either of them.

Unless you like prison food.

No more than a 56 day ban (and thats only in exceptional circs...) expect 28.

OR 6 points.

PLUS Fine, this will be a biggie, 300-500 is common.

And £35 costs (well it is in S.Yorks!)

And that is straight from the horses mouth! :)

Willy2

if you say he no longer lives there, they will do a few things

fisrtly - check the voters register to see where he does actually live and if he shown to live at the address they will send the fuzz round at dodgey times of the day

secondly - put a PNC(police national computer) marker on his vehicle, which, if he is stopped they will give him a serious going over, ie failing to notify DVLA ect

thirdly - if proved they will have him for perverting the course of justice

fourthly - send out inteligence reports to the surrounding counties trying to get him stopped/spotted.

so the choice is yours, but i will say if he took the matter to court, they need to produce calibration certs for the camera, images and statements and it could end costing more.

Unless he has a good reason for the speed, ie emergency at home, bad bowels and he needed the loo, something unavoidable to make him speed,

please note if using the loo excuse make sure he has some documentation to back up his story, such as a doctors note.

[Edited by Rajk on 09 December 2004 at 12:55am]

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

looking at a £100ish fine and month ban plus a few points. I know someone whos just finished his ban for the same speed.

Cheers folks.

Like I said, he was caught with no excusses. We were just trying to explore a couple of options, but it looks like will be sending the NIP away and then heading to Tesco to buy some lubricant.