ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nitro for 172 wet or dry

people.. :)

anybody using dry nitro system?

for 35-50hp wich one is best??DRY or WET?? does dry system run ok on the 172?? and does anybody tried it?? tell me.. thanks..

Wet systems are the simplest and most user friendly setup. No point even considering Dry when almost all kits are wet and so much better.

Somebody on here runs a N20 kit on tehir 172, in turkey i think.

Wet will be fine for jsut over 100bhp.

Dry systems get all fiddly with Fuel pressure regs and rising rate fueling etc etc.

wet...

not a lot of a risk of detonating mixture in the manifold (what is sometimes raised as a main disadvantage...[heehee]) - they say that when the engine is not firing correctly and so on the mixture may explode blah blah... - but shouldnt You have Your car set-up well before even touching N2O system?

as the wet system delievers its own fuel there;s not much risk of getting lean. and the fueling is done more realiable way basically...

for big :BANG: Id even use 75 shot nozzles... but for everyday use ,and reliability Id stay with 50s - much less risk of things going wrong...

how can you get the N20 in a dry system to ignite in teh manifold!!???

There is no fuel or spark!??

id stick to 50.......I dont know how the knock sensor will react to Large amounts of r****d needed. Also i would enquire just how to set the ignition as it will need to be retarded for N20 use and since it uses a coil pack......hmmmmm.....

how can you get the N20 in a dry system to ignite in teh manifold!!???

i think i said wet... and i see i did... and it was not my opinion, but "some people say..."

But N20 doent break down till the compression stage. Its still neat N20 in the manifold.

Oh well...others opnions....dont matter..lol

i thought that my opinion reg; these "beliefs" was clear... isnt it? :)

i think that orlando has no doubts though so EOT from my side ;)

Well, if he says there is no need, then maybe he is willing to pay for any damages that might result after fitment. get him to sign something.........then see how sure he is.

I will always r****d ignition.........but retarding the 172 is not simple, there is no dizzy. And when you r****d ignition, you dont have full normal power when not using N20.

No need for progressive with 50bhp, but just check to see if he relys solely on the knock sensor.

i have no r****d or anything on my GTT, only runnin 26 jets at the moment, may go up to 50 in a month after i have had it checked over.

i have 40 jets in my XR2 and had to r****d 2 deg.......its relative, but important to check....

your tubo has a low static CR adna high dynamic one, so compression rise will be in time with ignition.

Nissan R35 GT-R

You shouldnt rely on a knock sensor to r****d ignition for use with nitrous oxide. Its beyond the scope of what its designed for.

There must be some kind of piggyback controller for this like the HKS Super AFR, but for ignition instead of fuel?