ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nitrous Oxide Group Buy

ok im organising a group buy on Nitrous!! courtesy of BenR

the kit in question is a Wizards of NOS Streetblaster 100i kit, WET only!

this kit is absolutely amazing, beats most stuff on the market, including the US manufacturers

it comprises....

Either a full 5b polished bottle (or 11lb polished bottle optional)

Excellent quality billet pulsoid solenoid valves

Bottle fitting brackets

crossfire injector (better than the normal venom one you get)

micro switch

arming switch

nylon pipes (better than large, heavy braided lines which lead to wasted N20 through vapourisation)

compression fittings

Fuel T peice takeoff

all fittings, connections etc etc
the kit comes with 25bhp jets only, but they can be upgraded later, and jets are very cheap, e.g. under £5

http://www.teamsr.co.uk/uploads/admin/n2okit.jpgthese

retail for £630+ with the 5lb bottle, or £700+ with the 11lb bottle!!

even direct from the supplier you cannot get these kits as cheap as we are gonna be geting em!

shipping will be £16 on kits and isnt included in the prices below, but VAT IS included in the below prices...

basically for 2 kits were looking at the 5lb kit costing £510 and the 11lb kit £560

3 kits will see £480 and £525 for the 5 & 11 lb kits respectively

10 orders and the price plummets to £445 for the 5lb kit and £490 for the 11lb kit.

so as you can see thats a HUGE saving over the £700 retail prices!!! and £100 cheaper than you can get it direct from the supplier!!

the kits arent dirt cheap compared to what some kits can be had for, and fitting prices are not included, but the kit is fantastic and this is the cheapest you will ever get it for new!

if we get 20-30 ppl then there MAY be further reductions, but its still being looked into

so if you are DEFINITELY wanting to buy one list your name below, if youre thinking you may be interested then PM and tell me so, rather than posting here and messing me about later!

thanks
JIM

Clio 172 Ph2

Mate, you cant tell people not to post!

People have questions and these things need to be discussed.

Ive been very very tempted to get myself this kit in the past but its the fitting the scares me! The money isnt a problem.

Ive heard so many stories of people not doing things quite right and killing their car - I dont want to be one of those people!

Lets do a group buy and then all meet up in a carpark somewhere and fit them together!

All that buy these kits should find a trained professional to do all of em then u can be assured itll be fitted properly

Volvo S60 T5

I wil be up for one...as long as its got basic fitting instructions..

mmmmmm NOS ...catch me if you can.....what about refils?

Clio 172 Ph2

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 06 February 2004

All that buy these kits should find a trained professional to do all of em then u can be assured itll be fitted properly

Sounds like a good idea! Im sure when youve done a couple you could do it quite quickly!

Could make a tidy sum from it too if there are enough of us using that person.

All cash in hand too - obviously ;-)

So.... any takers?!

yeh questions are fine, i was trying to avoid the usual "im interested, but i dunno if i can afford it, or if my insurance will like it", etc, and then they commit and dont pay up when it comes to it

il happily answer questions where i can, where i cant il just rely on good ol BenR :cool:

refills i presume you have to go to a N2O filling station, just need to find your local one, and il find out about instructions!

Filling isnt as hard as you think, ill get further details.

Also, fitting is the dead easy part...like i said, a negative, few earth and a few inline switches and your off.

the more tricky parts is setting up the fueling, they come supplies with the correct 25bhp jets, but depending on engine it might need a bit of tweeking. ANd if you know what your looking for you can read the burn via the spark plugs. If if anybody cares to mention that you cant accurately do it, my car has been running 50bhp perfectly for 2 yrs with no hitch, all from my eye. Reading a plug can reveal alot more than mixture, eveything from ignition advance, burn temps, abnormal burn patterns, mixture and fuel quality can be had from your plugs.

With N20 there is nothing to worry about, so long as you dont fire it at idle. THe torque will damage your engine, not the N20 itself.

350z & 16v Maxi

As Ben said its dead easy to fit. Oh and Jimbo organising a group buy is not as easy as you think. I started one in Oct for Dials and still have not got it sorted yet.

Maybe see if a mod can pin another post that is for definite names only, and use this one for questions, discussions, etc

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 07 February 2004

Filling isnt as hard as you think, ill get further details.

Also, fitting is the dead easy part...like i said, a negative, few earth and a few inline switches and your off.

the more tricky parts is setting up the fueling, they come supplies with the correct 25bhp jets, but depending on engine it might need a bit of tweeking. ANd if you know what your looking for you can read the burn via the spark plugs. If if anybody cares to mention that you cant accurately do it, my car has been running 50bhp perfectly for 2 yrs with no hitch, all from my eye. Reading a plug can reveal alot more than mixture, eveything from ignition advance, burn temps, abnormal burn patterns, mixture and fuel quality can be had from your plugs.

With N20 there is nothing to worry about, so long as you dont fire it at idle. THe torque will damage your engine, not the N20 itself.
no good for us 172 owners though.

No, as you have a knock sensor.

In most cases, and most reported instances where its used there have been no issues relying on it.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

No I meant the fact you have to take half the engine apart to get at the spark plugs

yeah i know how much trouble BenR had, but i have 6 names for definite and another 3 pondering the idea

are you DEFINITELY interested CUPPY? if so il get your name on the list, but only if youre 100% certain

what about you Mike172sport?

Clio 172 cup

What is the point of this thread?

If you actually open your eyes and LOOK you will find the exactly the same kit on Ebay virtually brand new and boxed for 300 quid

Not being nasty or anything but ive just saved you about 400 quid

Job done lol

Quote: Originally posted by The_Raiderman on 07 February 2004

What is the point of this thread?

If you actually open your eyes and LOOK you will find the exactly the same kit on Ebay virtually brand new and boxed for 300 quid

Not being nasty or anything but ive just saved you about 400 quid

Job done lol
Does the Ebayer provide technical support, tuning help, problem diagnosis and advice, do they offer insurance if you get it fitted at an approved fitter?

No, didnt think so.

yes.

As long as your engine is in good working order (i.e. not busting it self up during normal use) then itll live happily running N20.

It wont increase any wear rates, it wont over stress items when used properly, so milage is irespective.

I have a 22 year old engine, never been opened, running 50bhp of N20....

A 50bhp shot of nitrous would give me about 160bhp for only some of the time. I know I should have bought a faster clio (16v/williams).

How often can you use it safely?

you can use it till the bottle runs out.

There are NO safety issues with N20 when setup properly....absolutely NONE.

But the dangers come when people use/setup incorrectly.

So I could cain a whols bottle in one day, maybe even one race. Just so long as I didnt mind forking out for the refills on a regular basis?

Yup

ive reguarly gone through 19 lbs of the stuff (2 large bottles) in a single blast.

Cost a bit, but it was when it was new and i went bonkers.

I take it that the fitting instructions are quite comprehensive then.

I mean, me and my mechanic mate would be able to "set it up properly"

Yes, if you can wire up a stereo then you can do this, nowt but a neg, few earths, a few screws and 2 switches.

so is anybody actually wanting a kit?

list is up to 7 people with 3 more still pondering, im looking at getting these kits right at the end of the month as every1 will have been paid and so will actually have some money :D

Sounds good mate, but I wont be able to acquire £500 by the end of the month. On my porper salary end of April would be more like it.

im getting my redundancy pay out this month so i mite have some spare cash, and a few ppl have said they cant afford the kit til next month, etc, tempted to get a few ktis and sell em on a month later with a slightly higher price to cover my inconvenience!

we got a definite 8 ppl now tho, so only 2 more needed!!!!

Bumder With A Buffer

Im thinking bout it....... just sorting out finances, but i could be in. let u know later on today.

ok we got 9 ppl now!! we only need ONE more, plus theres a few extras been added to the kit, like polished bottle, CNC stainless fittings, aircraft style switch, higher pressure lines with bigger flow

still the same bargain price tho! :D

If the extras are the same for the 11Ib bottle and for £490 and come with instructions then Ill have one please

dry will only inject NO2, wet will add fuel too. dry is next to useless IMHO.

not that i have a great opinion of wet either. very mad max. suits better the asphyctic big cube underpowered US V8s.

is it legal in UK btw?

Quote: Originally posted by richy22 on 11 February 2004
what is the difference betwenn a WET and DRY kit???