ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No.182 Trophy???

twas ours - yes, she collected it on Saturday. she didn't find it for sale on here though, found it on autotrader apparently.
anyway, tis a good one, and I hope she enjoys it - it has the best number too !

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I need someone like her to view mine, 16,000m;)

out of interest steve how much u thinking of putting yours up for? and are the max a yoz staying on it, or you selling them separately?

Well when i get my arse in gear, looking at what others are fetching was going to start high 9's.

Unless i get someone who wants it as is ( i would as it's so much better than standard & yes it is noticeably quicker & freer) the exhaust & max are provisionally sold already, so many pm's;)

Awaiting motoring mag to sort venue for best hot hatch shoot out first though. :race: :cool: then FCS, RWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
out of interest steve how much u thinking of putting yours up for? and are the max a yoz staying on it, or you selling them separately?

Well when i get my arse in gear, looking at what others are fetching was going to start high 9's.

Unless i get someone who wants it as is ( i would as it's so much better than standard & yes it is noticeably quicker & freer) the exhaust & max are provisionally sold already, so many pm's;)

Awaiting motoring mag to sort venue for best hot hatch shoot out first though. :race: :cool: then FCS, RWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you replacing it with??

and ... your point is Dan R - it wasn't even advertised at £10k was it .... why would she have paid us £3 more than it was advertised at ?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
32k Miles! That's fooking expensive.

not with the extras it's not ..... it isn't a standard car - exhaust, uprated brakes and harnesses fitted .... and she got the original exhaust back as well

and anyway, you don't know what she paid do you ???:quiet:

Not when your selling one of the nice ones!

It's pointless arguing with them because they just don't get the 'Trophy' thing!!!!

To them it's an expensive basic trim 182.............................there loss;)

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
Everybody wants to the sell the car for the most money in a timely manner.....

My mates had his up on here and few other places and its one of cheapest around, no one has snatched his hand off yet, so I wouldnt say it people are undervaluing.

Its french and its renault, so depreciation is a fact of ownership. Dont get all whinging about price on here atm.

We all buy them knowing they deprecaite. Its one of the reason i decided not to buy another renault!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Everybody wants to the sell the car for the most money in a timely manner.....

My mates had his up on here and few other places and its one of cheapest around, no one has snatched his hand off yet, so I wouldnt say it people are undervaluing.

Its french and its renault, so depreciation is a fact of ownership. Dont get all whinging about price on here atm.

We all buy them knowing they deprecaite. Its one of the reason i decided not to buy another renault!
Seeing it on thursday, high miles but looks tidy.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd not be worried about the mileage. My Trophy was on 40k when I sold it for buttons. It still looked as good as new.

Lionel Richie
i've bought a car off specialK & Slugger before, its worth it, they take care of their cars, mine was a high miler but it was just motorway miles, it had never seen a race track or a nut job driver ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
i've bought a car off specialK & Slugger before, its worth it, they take care of their cars, mine was a high miler but it was just motorway miles, it had never seen a race track or a nut job driver ;)
Until you?

Lee

BMW M2C
Here's #182 on it's previous plate:
Bedford_023.jpg

Great car, very well cared for and worth more as I've been in it numerous times. :approve:

Although all these decent prices are making me feel sick when I consider what I sold #007 for. :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Apart from normal clio things, is there anything specific to the trophy to look for? Looking at a high-ish miler tomorrow.

Lee

BMW M2C
I didn't have any Trophy specific problems. In fact I had less problems with the Trophy than I did with the 172 or 182. Just pay extra attention to the front dampers, they're very expensive if they need replacing for any reason. Also check it's had the aux belt and tensioner done at 36k, but you'll know that already owning a 172.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Is it #182 you're looking at? If you know the number you can go over to Clio trophy to check the history. Like Lee said the only significant difference to any other 182 is the front dampers which are fairly expensive to refurb but no more so than a set of new Reno ones.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No, it's number 498. I believe the dampers are about £500 to rebuild, any idea how long that takes?