ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no airfiler!!! what!!!!

some fella came to work this morning in his 1.2 16v clio,
pulled into the carpark and it sounded beefy as fook, had a quick look and there was just the standard exhaust, as he was reversing he was revving the b****cks out of it and i though its too throaty to be a I.K.

When i asked him what it was he said he had taken the air filter out of the air box and put tights over the hole then put airbox back on,

was a right old bodge job but did sound awsom,

has any1 else done this and will his car engine not get clogged up with s**t?

RB 200 Cup!
dont do it long term - if you want a few minutes of fun thats fine otherwise you'll f**k ya car

DarthCake said:
Wait till he sucks a small stone up...

exactly what i thought,

does sound good though, fella is a bit of a mug aswell, had a 106 with no airbox on or I.K,

IT WAS A 1.4 QUICKSILEVER, HE ONLY HAD IT ABOUT 3MONTHS, WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO IT LOL

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
LOL exactly mate.

Air filters are there for a reason at the end of the day. You don't want all the dirt getting into your engine. Its not good news ultimately. A pair of tights doesn't offer the kind of filtration that an air filter does.

Just think about if its wet and if water goes up his air intake..... water + engine = BANG!

DarthCake said:
LOL exactly mate.

Air filters are there for a reason at the end of the day. You don't want all the dirt getting into your engine. Its not good news ultimately. A pair of tights doesn't offer the kind of filtration that an air filter does.

Just think about if its wet and if water goes up his air intake..... water + engine = BANG!

PROB WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS 106 LOL,

If water goes up the intake with the air filter on it'll still go bang. We found that out in my mates 1.2 16v wen we drove thru a ford and the engine hydraulic locked.

I must live in a clean area cos on the 1.2 theres never any s**t in the airfilter no matter how long its left on, and on my valver I had a cold air feed in the foglight hole and the air filter in that is always clean.

Matt