ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no alarm? what could this mean><><???

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi folks

Right just a quick question? I own a mark 2, 53 placec 172 in mondal blue. ( auguably the best colour !)

For some time wondered why iv never experienced the alarm going off.

Having read all about the alarms on here, Im a little ‘alarmed’ to have to divulge that my particular car has no internal motion sensors on the door pillars?? Has any one else with a non imported car found the same?

It dose however have locking wheel nuts , and the glass is etched as it should be.

There is a flashing light on the dash and the indicators blink when locking and unlocking the car.

Has me car got an alarm ? who knows.

Any suggestion as to how I might get to the bottom of this would be appreciated .

Kind regards Matt.

If there are no signs of fittment...

Renault do sometimes forget to fit them at the import centre.

I'd suggest talking to your local dealer and asking why it doesnt have one and get them to fit one for you.

You wouldnt want your insurance to be null and void because of an error.

Golf GTD
justintime1 said:

There is a flashing light on the dash and the indicators blink when locking and unlocking the car.

Has me car got an alarm ? who knows.

Kind regards Matt.

id say it doesnt, the flashing red light is the immobiliser and the indicators flashing are a sign of unlocking and locking.

my authentique does this.

might sound daft....

but can't you just leave your window open... lock (arm) the car with te keyfob, wait 60 seconds then open the door thru the open window and see if an alarm sounds?

RenaultSport clio 182
na as far as I under stand it is not an import, it has locking nuts window etcheings and the date the log book documents say is was first registerd in glasgow or something.