ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange alarm issue-172

I have a 2002 Clio 172 Cup with the approved alarm system fitted which I noticed a strange pattern to an issue with the alarm.

I can lock my car up for the day whilst at work return back to it 10 hours later press the button on the key which unlocks the car fine without any issues, I then open the door and starts it up no problem.

However I've noticed an issue when the car is locked and then opened within a very short space of time(such as when I'm filling up with fuel) that when I go back to the car and unlock it as soon as I open the door the alarm sounds. I then press the key button to turn it off and all is okay again. Strange how it does this only when locked for a few minutes but is fine when locked up for long periods of time.

Does it with both keys but I have noticed that both the sensors on the A-pillars are pointing upwards to the head lining and that both the rubber covers on the door contact switches are missing. Car will always start with out any issues.

Is this right?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I sometime find that its more the time between unlocking and opening the door. if you don't let it unlock then wait for a second or so before pulling the handle the alarm will go off.
Your routine at work may be you unlock the car a few paces before you get to it, where as at the petrol station or any other slightly less routine short stop, you may be unlocking the car when you hand is pretty much on the handle ready to open
Try just waiting a sec next time you make a short stop before you open the door

I sometime find that its more the time between unlocking and opening the door. if you don't let it unlock then wait for a second or so before pulling the handle the alarm will go off.
Your routine at work may be you unlock the car a few paces before you get to it, where as at the petrol station or any other slightly less routine short stop, you may be unlocking the car when you hand is pretty much on the handle ready to open
Try just waiting a sec next time you make a short stop before you open the door
Thanks for the reply, I'll try that later on and post back.

RB Clio 182
Both my 182’s i have owned have always beeped if i lock the car too quicky after shutting the door, i never lock my door at a petrol station tho, isnt that a bit over cautious?

Last edited:

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
My non-sport I had was awful for this if I opened the door too soon. The Ph1 172 was a lot better, although the alarm has gone off whilst driving it after about 2 mins of opening it, getting in and then setting off. Looked liked I stole it. Difficult to turn off as it wouldn't respond to the button just being pressed, had to take the key out of the ignition and reset it which is quite difficult to do whilst still moving...still managed it.