ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No chavness mod's

Clio 1.4 16v
Was wondering if anyone could giv me a list of mod's i could do to my clio 1.4 16v alize mainly to the engine tht are not too chavy as i dont like the whole "chav" image. thnks :)

Renault Clio 1.2
pipercross induction kit, not too chavy, just gives it a better sound and perhaps a tad quicker. new exhaust, as long as it aint a drainpipe

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
K&N Pannel Filter
Stainless Steel Cat back exhaust
Decat
The above will give a slight power gain but nothing more than 5-8bhp.

theres no point doing anymore engine mods than that, the next thing you want to do is sort out the handling and stopping power.

if you can stretch to coilovers then go for them, if not get an Apex -60mm kit (this comes with uprated APEX Dampers and -60mm lowering springs.

A set of EBC Green Stuff brake pads are a good upgrade over standard and half the ammount of brake dust over standard pads! then if you want more a set of say brembo MAX disks arn't too expensive and are well matched to the EBC pads.

the BEST way to improve performance especially on these smaller engine cars is loose as much weight as possible (ie. loose the back seats, spare wheel and tool kit, if you want to go even further a set of light weight front bucket seats, loose the door cards etc

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
K&N Pannel Filter
Decat

theres no point doing anymore engine mods than that, the next thing you want to do is sort out the handling and stopping power.

if you can stretch to coilovers then go for them, if not get an Apex -60mm kit (this comes with uprated APEX Dampers and -60mm lowering springs.

A set of EBC Green Stuff brake pads are a good upgrade over standard and half the ammount of brake dust over standard pads! then if you want more a set of say brembo MAX disks arn't too expensive and are well matched to the EBC pads.

the BEST way to improve performance especially on these smaller engine cars is loose as much weight as possible (ie. loose the back seats, spare wheel and tool kit, if you want to go even further a set of light weight front bucket seats, loose the door cards etc

totally agree with that

clio 182 ff
don't do anything save up an get a upgraded car. air flitters an etc don't really do that much ,may give u 10hp if that

1.8 8v RSi
K&N Pannel Filter
Decat

don't do anything save up an get a upgraded car. air flitters an etc don't really do that much ,may give u 10hp if that

since when did an exhaust system and air filter give you that much power gain! never gave me that on my 1.4 gave me 4bhp extra with system and induction kit....those sort of powergains are what i'd expect from a turbo car or a high power 2ltr

clio 182 ff

since when did an exhaust system and air filter give you that much power gain! never gave me that on my 1.4 gave me 4bhp extra with system and induction kit....those sort of powergains are what i'd expect from a turbo car or a high power 2ltr

if u read it. it say MAY give u 10bhp not would was just a ruth guess anyways i wouldn't even bother doing anything to it waste of money

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
It always says may give you.If they advertised a 300 quid exhaust as giving you 3bhp they would'nt sell many..lol

ian