ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No cruise control for me!

Ordered my 172 in late June for a first week in Sep delivery date, thought I was lucky when someone on here said all new clios would come with cruise but just came off the phone to my dealer who said unfortunatly "cruise comes out with the September cars", so mine must have either been made just before the August holidays or just after. Very dissapointed!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Cruise control is for wussies.. you should either be flooring it or braking.

Or both at the same time .. ;)

Elise/VX220/R26

lol @ cruise control. I never maintain the same speed on a motorway, too busy diving in and out of the lanes. You should have ordered a Mondeo m8 ;)

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 02 September 2003

lol @ cruise control. I never maintain the same speed on a motorway, too busy diving in and out of the lanes. You should have ordered a Mondeo m8 ;)
This is so true - it drives me nuts passengering with someone who does a constant 80! If theres a space, open her up! :D

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 2 September 23

Bet you wouldnt be so enthusiastic after 200 miles! As for buying a mondeo-I dont understand what you mean its not a drivers car!! If my clio came with Cruise control surely I would have the best of both worlds?

T.Ferrino.

i was thinking along the same lines as you, i ordered my 172 in Jan and so does not come with Cruise Control. Was a bit peeved when i heard they started to fit it as standard.

but now thinking about, to be honest i think Cruise Control takes all the fun out of driving. I reguarly use my dads Honda Accord and when he first got it, i was all excited about the cruise control. Used it once (for the novelty value).... and not touched it since.... it feels like you are not in control and that i hate.

To be honest, im glad that i dont have it in my 172.. One less thing to go wrong and going by Renaults build quality, its likely that it will.