ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No grip on full lock car just slides

andybutlers

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus rs, Audi, Clio
I have recently purchased a 182 as a project. I have owned many 172s in the past and this is my first 182. Problem I have is when driving at low speed on full lock the car doesn’t turn and just slides/understeers. I have had the tracking and alingement check and adjusted and all is well. It has eibach springs and is apparently pollybushed. Also has Goodyear eagle f1 tyres with 4-5mm tread. Has anyone experienced this before? Many thanks

Land Rover
Sounds like it might have a problem with the differential in the transmission. If you get both front wheels off the ground you can do a basic check to see if it’s working.

andybutlers

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus rs, Audi, Clio
Hi it does it in the dry as well as the wet warm or cold weather. Will get the gearbox checked when next at work. Thanks for the replies