ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No mouse detected

Hi guys,

My 2002 1.2 16v dynamique has developed a slight squeak you can hear when driving along, coming from the off side drivers wheel.

I got the car up on jacks and had the wheels in motion. Steering doesn't affect the squeak and I know the cv gaitor is split so that needs to be replaced. I removed the caliper as well but the squeak is still there. Any ideas what it could be please?

I had to get a garage to do the gaitor last time coz I couldn't see how you removed the drive shaft but this time I want to sort it all myself. Most stuff I can do and hate talking it a garage. Could it be the inner ball joint and how easy is this to replace?

Cheers

Ok cheers. Haven't had a chance to properly look yet but how do i get the ball joint off?

Also, last time I couldn't fit the new gaitor as I didnt want to take the ball joint off. This time I obviously have to take it off, so once the ball joint is off, can the new gator just slide on and then fit a new ball joint on after?

Btw, I did fire wd40 into the split gator (only a small split) and all around the other bushes on drive shaft and the squeak is still there