ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No points, No claims,Insurance up £200!!

1996 Valver
Have been with Bell.co.uk for about two years, always been happy with my price.

Paid £550 last year was 19, 3years no claims, good postcode, and all mods declared.

Was looking forward to my renewal, due at the end of this month, expecting it to be £400-£450.

It came through at £750:eek: :mad: Even thought the only thing that has changed is me getting an extra years no Claims, I now have four, but only because I did the Bonus accelerator thing (10mth policy)

Went to elephant (Bells sister company) and they quoted £550, Ok so its better than bell but still not cheaper than last year!
Not had a quote less than £550..............every company just says insurance premiums have gone up!

I'm 20 (21 in Feb)
4 years NCB (bonus accelerator policy)
Good postcode
Limited mileage (due to motorbike)
No points
No claims
Full licence for 3years 2months
1996 Valver
Alloys
Lowered
Brakes
Valued at £2k

Anyone help :S

ph1 172
you say you live in a good postcode... but maybe the catagory has changed in the last year. i know somebody whos just had theirs go up for no reason too. They found out car crime has gone up in their area.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
shop around - get a better quote then go back to Bell. If they value your custom then they should do you a deal. Don't stay with them unless its the right price.

1996 Valver
True...... got a few quotes but nothing too exciting.

Can I check my postcode crime rating?

ph1 172
have a look in one of the sticky posts at the top of the insurance forum, they are listed in there. although it wont show if its changed...

106 GTi
It always seems to go up come renewal despite an extra years NCB, a year older etc.

All you can do is shop around again till you get a quote your happy with.

Megane225FF
Bell Direct will price match, they have done for me for the past 4 years.. ring them with your cheapest quote & see what they can do.. you have nothing to lose.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just renewed mine last week with Adrian Flux , the renewal quote went up £125 from last year , full no claims , no points .

Got a quote off privilege online so Adrian Flux beat it , got it down from £595 to £430 , £40 cheaper than last year plus lower excess and unlimited mileage :)

Ring round for a few quotes or go online , if they won't price match and you get a cheaper quote fcuk em .

1996 Valver
The main problem is, even other quotes are no cheaper than the year before, Just pissed off that I cant find one cheaper than the year before, has loads of quotes now.

Kinda wish I never did the bonus accelerator thing, every online quote says "error....you cannot have four years no claims with the date of birth entered!)

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Bend over then I'm afraid... Don't worry, insurance gets cheaper as you get older**

** Does it b****cks

Well you don't actually have four years no claims do you? Only the companies that offer the accelerator policy allow it which is why I'd never do it.

Your company has you over a barrel matey as I would imagine if you were to go and try to get your ncb through another insurer at the correct amount they'd charge the same. I reckon it has something to do with that.

1996 Valver
I dont mind paying £550 at my age on the Valver, just expect the quote to be cheaper than the year before if I have no claims or points.

1996 Valver
MRBILLYUK said:
Just renewed mine last week with Adrian Flux , the renewal quote went up £125 from last year , full no claims , no points .

Got a quote off privilege online so Adrian Flux beat it , got it down from £595 to £430 , £40 cheaper than last year plus lower excess and unlimited mileage :)

Ring round for a few quotes or go online , if they won't price match and you get a cheaper quote fcuk em .

Thanks dude, They just quoted £475.........they are getting better, just need to start playing them off one-another!

Clio 1.2 8v (2002)
Try confused.com. I managed to save at least £100 off mine, my dad's and sister's premium.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
wish i could get a quote for £550 on a valver!

im currently looking at double that

ok, im 20, but ive only got 1yr ncb :( and soon to be 2 non fault accidents (in the same week!)

Lee

BMW M2C
When I was with the AA it went up one year for no reason. I called them and asked why and the women there tried everything to get it down but couldn't. She couldn't explain why it had gone up and even said sorry. I left them and went elsewhere.

don't
I take it you've tried adding on an older female or 2, as 2nd drivers to bring it down

admiral and elephant, works a treat with them, might get you £100 off, I have 2 older females i work with on mine

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i've added my mum, that brings it down a lot

Don't have any other 'older' women to add though :(

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
mr_merc said:
Well you don't actually have four years no claims do you? Only the companies that offer the accelerator policy allow it which is why I'd never do it.

Your company has you over a barrel matey as I would imagine if you were to go and try to get your ncb through another insurer at the correct amount they'd charge the same. I reckon it has something to do with that.

Nope, the bonus accelerator does actually class it as 1 years ncb, and not just with the companies that do it. Otherwise there would be no way they could advertise, it would be against the law.

1996 Valver
When I took the policy out, they assured me that the NCB would count with any company. After speaking to A-plan today (very helpfull) they told me with the certificate, they would give me 4years NCB, but they are finding my age a problem. He also said he thinks Bell my be over-quoting delibiratly to lose my custom....It might make scence, I will ring them with my quote of £475 from Aidrian flux and see what they say.

At the end of this saga I'm happy witht the quote/service from Aflux and will take them up on the quote.

But I dont think I would recomend the bonus accelerator to anyone!

172 cup
unfortunatly we are all gonna go through this in the next couple of years as insurance companies are not making money off premiums at the moment. They are gonna have to put prices up to generate a profit. was reading that in work yesterday.

polarbert said:
Nope, the bonus accelerator does actually class it as 1 years ncb, and not just with the companies that do it. Otherwise there would be no way they could advertise, it would be against the law.

Lmao @ "against the law". Cobblers mate, sorry. Every time I've gone to find out about it, I've been informed most companies won't accept it as a full year's no claims bonus - not surprising as in real world terms, it isn't!!!

If this was the case, why wouldn't everyone get 10 month accelerator policies, lmfao.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
mine was £900 on my 172 i had 2 years nc and no convistions age 19

this year i have 3 year nc and no convictions and im 20 years old....

£1400 ....................

lifes s**t inshurence goes up people earn more Get over it :cool:

i was fuming when my tesco norig union and a few other refused to even inshure me!