ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No POWER and wont rev ??? clio 1.6 16v

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
Hi dunno if any1 can help but whenever i drive my car recently it seems to have developed a flat spot at botu 2500rpm and really struggles to pull through it and it feels guttless and idles really rough and kinda 'poppy' out of the exhaust any ideas coz i cant get it over 40 and need to drive from brighton to london tommorro:dead:

Breaking A 172 Replica
Is there an electrical fault light on the dash?

If so my money is on coilpacks.

If not my money is staying in my pocket as I dont know where to put it.

Sam

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
no engine management light on tink it might be summit like a lamda sensor but my mates run his golf without one b4 and said it ran ok jus alot of soot out the exhaust

M

mini-valver

I had this mate, its the coils. Get 2 new ones and get someone to hold the car at around 2k and pull each wire off the coils. Each wire you oull off should make the engine revs drop, if one or more doesnt then thats the one thats shagged! Change it over and it'll be all gravy.....

CB600FS
No coil packs on 1.4/1.6's.

I'd say one of your coils as well, use the above method, or undo all 4 coil bolts, start it up, and pull each coil up, the one that doesn't make any/little difference to the idle will be the duff coil. You should also be able to hear which one is duff.

1998 BMW e46 323i
could just be an ht lead or plug too. I had this, but with an engine management light and it was simply a duff ht lead

M

mini-valver

No HT leads mate, has 4 individual coils and they're prone for breaking!