ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No regrets?...

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Since selling my 1.2 back in May, and replacing it with a controversial Suzuki Ignis Sport (which i love) i've had no regrets, love the way the Iggy drives, and the reliability of it so far. Love it to bits, but there is one niggly bit that is bugging me, especially in the rainy days. I don't feel confident behind the wheel in the rain, the car just doesn't feel secure on the ground.

I have posted my concerns on the Ignis Sport website, and they all have had this problem, it is all put down to the short wheel base.

For this reason, i am missing how sturdy and well driven the Clio was, so i'm now, for now, regretting not buying a 172 =(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Well i just thought it was a positive note on Clios, then i thought i'd post it

God you lot are a bunch of miserable feckers today aren't you!

Has it got standard suspension, if so would a set of coilovers help this? Has anyone put any spacers on there Ignis and if so make a difference? Also as said a good set of tyres should help!

182 trophy
girlfriend has the ignis sport lovely little car and its got nothing to do with the wheelbase it handles good in the wet it lift off oversteers lovely in the wet but the advan 043 or 048 that are standard are a summer tyre only they just refuse to budge in the snow get some conti sport contact2 or something along those lines should sort it out in the wet

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I've got a Yaris T sport which is essentially the same car in a different shell and i suffer from the same problem, i hate driving it in the wet, granted my tyres are on the verge of replacement but even when new it was still nowhere near as planted as my old saxo used to be.

That Robbie Williams tune is now going round and round in my head after I keep seeing that title....

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
This thread went down well.

I haven't really regretted any car purchase.

Upon initial purchase I was a little disappointed in the 172 but as time went on I really liked it and really rated it.

Loving the Trophy too.

Shame you weren't able to research the car more and take a more prolonged test drive.

Can always sell yours and get something else anyway. Don't get your reliability comment either I have had 4 Clios now and all have run perfect, no breakdowns in 7 years of Clio ownerships.