ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Revs from accelerator pedal/check injectors/limp mode?

RS Clio 182
Hi guys,i wonder if you could help with an issue with my R26 - when i start the engine sometimes there is no response from the accelerator pedal at all,no revs. Then it takes multiple restarts of the engine,and it works again. The dash is showing 'check injectors' and the car also goes into limp mode,not revving past 2500 rpm. Although sometimes the car can be ok on startup - so its random it happens.

Fault codes throw up 'Throttle control' - ive taken it to a couple of garages and no one seems to know what exactly it is. Has anyone had something similar?

Clio 197,with megan'
It could be sensor/water ingress. On my Clio. it was the main connector from bulkhead into cabin, water had got in, through scuttle drains blocked.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Same with mine. I’d recommend people to do the above as a matter of service as it’ll let you down one day anyway.

Cleaned mine out, drains cleaned, pins all cleaned and silicone grease around the rubber plug seals to stop it in future.

You need to remove the wipers, scuttle panel and washer bottle and the connector has a bolt that holds it together, undo that and pull apart.

Also check the fuse box in engine bay (another service item) remove all fuses and relays (one by one) and clean off all oxidisation. Do the same to the white plug in the fuse box too.

RS Clio 182
Cheers for the advice,i can hear water sloshing around after it has rained - but from what ive read, that fault code leads to the throttle body,i think i may just replace it.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the advice,i can hear water sloshing around after it has rained - but from what ive read, that fault code leads to the throttle body,i think i may just replace it.

The point is the plug on the bulkhead takes the signal from the throttle pedal through that plug and ultimately to the throttle body. Poor connections there can give you same issue. Water sloshing sounds like it might be swimming under the washer bottle area

RS Clio 182
The point is the plug on the bulkhead takes the signal from the throttle pedal through that plug and ultimately to the throttle body. Poor connections there can give you same issue. Water sloshing sounds like it might be swimming under the washer bottle area

So sometimes the plug can work or not? Because sometimes the car is ok....is this plug located just under the scuttle panel?

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
As my first reply. You’ll have to remove wipers, scuttle panel and washer bottle (takes 2 mins). Plug is on N/S and has a bolt head on it you undo (this clamps the plug together)

It’s worth a look as mine was messing around with throttle and first thing I tried was a spare throttle body I have. Mine was worse when it rained heavy non stop for ages a few months ago so knew it must be moisture related.

And also do the fuse box too.

RS Clio 182
As my first reply. You’ll have to remove wipers, scuttle panel and washer bottle (takes 2 mins). Plug is on N/S and has a bolt head on it you undo (this clamps the plug together)

It’s worth a look as mine was messing around with throttle and first thing I tried was a spare throttle body I have. Mine was worse when it rained heavy non stop for ages a few months ago so knew it must be moisture related.

Are you talking about a Clio though,as ive got a Megane R26 - ill have a go though. Whats the official name for this plug?

Clio182

Tried this the other day got as far as taking the washer bottle out and undo the bolt on the black rubber looking cover.

I couldn’t get the bolt off fully and I tried to pry it off but it wasn’t budging.

Any advice ??? Does the bolt fully come off mine seem to get stuck right at the end. Miserably have up as it got dark.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Bolt stays captive, once undone just pull the connector towards you and it’ll come apart (bolt comes with it)

Clio182
Ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️. So I did all of that the other day and then I gave up becuase I thought it was not happening. How hard you gotta pull the black rubber to get it off ?

Clio182
Bolt stays captive, once undone just pull the connector towards you and it’ll come apart (bolt comes with it)
Thanks buddy I managedto clean up in there. The engine management light still remains. Will take it for a drive later to see if it fixed it