ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No SIM Installed

1.8 Civic EX
iPhone 4, had it since it was launched. Last few days keeps randomly telling me I have no SIM installed. A simple reset of the phone would normally fix.

Now I've reset it about 6 times and taken the sim out, given it a wipe and the obligatry "blow in the hole" but still no joy.

What think? knackered SIM or Phone?

Will try pop into o2 at the weekend to see if they replace the SIM for me I guess....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I had similar problems with mine, to the point where I would be in the middle of a call then I would get disconnected and the phone would say no SIM card. I took it to Apple and they replaced the phone.

My phone was never jailbroken BTW.

1.8 Civic EX
Jailbroken?

Nope!

I had similar problems with mine, to the point where I would be in the middle of a call then I would get disconnected and the phone would say no SIM card. I took it to Apple and they replaced the phone.

My phone was never jailbroken BTW.

Chances of them replacing it after me having it since launch? It's got a few dents/marks on it so a replacement would be nice lol

1.8 Civic EX
Picked up a new sim today. Couple of hours later "no sim installed" lol

Must be the phone in that case. Never taken anything back to apple before, just a case of walking in and asking for a swap or is it genius bar booking job?

RIP Dan
Good job I didn't put money on it lol, 99% of the time it is the sim. Apple are pretty good at sorting things so you should be ok.

AK

M240i
Picked up a new sim today. Couple of hours later "no sim installed" lol

Must be the phone in that case. Never taken anything back to apple before, just a case of walking in and asking for a swap or is it genius bar booking job?

Book a genius appointment.

1.8 Civic EX
Went to apple, I'm 203 days out of warranty apparently so would have to pay £120 to get a new iPhone 4. He did say I could try restoring the phone, done that and it's come up with no sim installed again.

What if I wiped everything and set it up as a new phone instead of from a backup? Would I loose all the phone numbers etc? Not worried about apps as they are obviously all in iTunes..