ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

no speedo!

clio 1.2 mtv
Hi All, just joined the site as I've just bought a W plate Clio 1.2 8 valve for my daughter. Very pleased mainly, but the speedo stopped working, and the electrical fault light came on, a few miles down the road and it flicked back into life again. But today it stopped working, no light, just dead, and its not come back to life.
Is this an earthing problem? If so do you know where the earth point is? or is it a sender problem? if so do you know where the sender unit is?
Not got a workshop manual yet!
Anybody help?

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
exaclty the same thing has happened to my sister (also W reg 1.2 8 valve) is this a sensor too? or could it be the new loom that is required?

Other gauges working ok?
Apparently so, just the speedo was out and the elec fualt light on. I haven't seen the car yet as she rang me while on her way driving home from uni, she was bricking it slightly so need to make sure its ok for her to drive back on sunday (only passed her test this summer, still a bit nervous!).

Hi All, just joined the site as I've just bought a W plate Clio 1.2 8 valve for my daughter. Very pleased mainly, but the speedo stopped working, and the electrical fault light came on, a few miles down the road and it flicked back into life again. But today it stopped working, no light, just dead, and its not come back to life.
Is this an earthing problem? If so do you know where the earth point is? or is it a sender problem? if so do you know where the sender unit is?
Anybody help?

Most likly its the speedo sensor on the back of the gearbox has come loose just plug it in again or chnage the sensor etc. However if the car has abs powering the speedo then check the ABS system etc.

Electrical warning light need to get it plugged into a computer but might just be showing the speedo issue warning up.

Anybody help?

Most likly its the speedo sensor on the back of the gearbox has come loose just plug it in again or chnage the sensor etc.
Thats exactly what it was, water had got in there as its just held in by a couple of O rings!! Replaced it with a 2nd hand unit and it was all fine.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
I have a similar problem with my williams but with the rev counter, it only works when it wants to any ideas? My five turbo before had a problem with the speedo and i never got to the bottom of it.