ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No trackdays...ownership cost = £6,885.15 over 16k miles

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've taken out the cost of trackdays, hotels, sundries, mileage and tanks of fuel that are related to trackdays...and as suspected the difference isn't huge, still not pleasant reading.

Might have to downsize to a 100hp after going around Llandow in Pete's.
Slide1-6.jpg

Slide2-6.jpg

Slide3-4.jpg

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Might be a daft question but why do you care?

If you can afford to tax and insure it, maintain and fuel it and most of all enjoy it which you clearly do, does 43p per mile really matter?

Credit where it's due for working the figures through!

Clio 200
Might be a daft question but why do you care?

If you can afford to tax and insure it, maintain and fuel it and most of all enjoy it which you clearly do, does 43p per mile really matter?

Credit where it's due for working the figures through!

This, hot hatches aren't cheap to run but we know that when we buy them! Kudos for the equations though.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
excellent work, as ever.

I am looking for a car that doesn't depreciate or use fuel. Not a great deal on piston heads tbf.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So is the general consensus that it's cheaper to buy a car, 2 or 3 years old without any warranty?

Without question in my opinion.

If you want to keep your costs down at a reasonable level you need to do two things, don't buy new (regardless of how you choose to fund it), and keep it for a while once you've got it.

If you want to keep your costs down at a reasonable level you need to do two things, don't buy new (regardless of how you choose to fund it), and keep it for a while once you've got it.

Keep it for so long it's worth pennies and you must spend £39842398423948 getting a newer car?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects

I wish youd do one on a pcp - to see if it would have been cheaper/better?

2013 Toyota GT86
I ran a 100hp from new for 2.5 years. Whilst it's got a good spec and it might feel like a lot of fun. The chassis has severe limitations when you really push it. It is not a car you can steer on the throttle. All said and done it's quite a fun car that is pretty cheap to buy and if you are someone who drives at 7/10ths it'll do you fine. However, if you want a chassis you can play with, this is not the car for you. Ride is shocking too.

172 Cup
Not too bad tbh.

Added mine up the other night. It's about £2.50 a mile due to repairs etc. Would help if I drove more!

Oh, keep the videos up on YouTube. Quite enjoyable, Even when you lost it on a slow left harder in the rain!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Interesting reading Mark, fair play to you for putting the numbers together :)