ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise and rubbing

Clio MK 4
This happend after washing my car. When i have the wheels full lock left and move the car it makes a loud creaking/rubbing noise. I kept the wheel fully locked and got out to check and found the tyre is slightly touching the inside arch bit. So i full locked right and checked the difference and here It was no way near touching and could fit my hand.

So it's as if my wheel has somehow moved forward! I havn't had any bumps or hit any curbs/potholes. Any ideas whats going on ?

I have been having problems with my cv joint/boot on that side as it kept uncliping but the garage re clipped it. do you think it could be part of this?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine touch the arches on full lock, it's just cos Renaults are shite, i just cut the arch away in the end.

my standard 182 wheels rub on full lock i just try not to go to full lock if poss! i wouldnt worry about it unless it gets worse

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
This his how bad mine is, all standard apart from the 182 wheels, but they are the same as 172 ones anyway.

DSCF1602.gif

DSCF1599.gif

you bent something washing your car?! doesnt sound likely, maybe you just didnt notice before, its possible!