ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noise from warm

2004 clio 182 ff
once my 182 is warmed up, you can here a slight tapping/knocking noise on idle. its easier to hear inside the car, altho it can be heard coming from the drivers side of the engine bay. it had a cambelt and aux belt in 2010 at watford renault
i tried to get a video of the sound but you couldnt hear it

i have heard of faults with de-phaser pulleys before, but what is one of those?

cheers
james

2004 clio 182 ff
i wouldnt say it sounded like a diesel tbh. the engine itself is quiet (covered 33k on a 2004). its really hard to explain the noise which i know doesnt help at all

182 CUP
i wouldnt say it sounded like a diesel tbh. the engine itself is quiet (covered 33k on a 2004). its really hard to explain the noise which i know doesnt help at all
Hi Jimmy,
This thread seems to have run out. Ive just started getting the same problem from mine, you get it sorted?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Charcoal/carbon cannister purge valve? Do a search, not a big job. Located in the drivers wheel arch. I've replaced two over the years in a 172 and a 182