ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise limits

Subaru imp & leggy
I have an almost stock 172 2003 with a ktec stealth exhaust with cats in place. Have done a few trackdays and well under noise limit I think late 80s on db. Seen a couple of decat centre sections for sale.
After any advice on effect either would have on noise and power output also would both options lead to mot failure?
Dont' care about noise from comfort perspective as very rarely drive the car on the road but I'd hate to turn up at a track and get banned for noise!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Noise will increase
Will probably fail an mot due to not cat.
Won’t be to loud for trackdays assuming you have a silenced centre?
Will probably drone
Power wise, minimal.

@MrBlonde

Subaru imp & leggy
Sensible Subaru...

20140816_162230.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
46ED5F40-285A-4DAA-AB4F-DD2A76BE6DE8.jpeg
Winner :smile:

That’s bloody mint. (Yours).

Drove that hawk yesterday, twin scroll thingy.

Subaru imp & leggy
Cheers I nearly sold it 2 years back as had found a 07 Hawkeye with power station forged Cosworth engine build circa 400bhp even had porsche brakes! In the end decided to keep the Type R though as its just so raw

Subaru imp & leggy
Really hard to tell. Very dependant on condition and history etc. Rough ones still seem to get 7k+ nice ones can be double. Such a fantastically fun and brutally quick car! I ended up getting the Clio as I wanted to do track days and the Scooby is too nice to risk!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah would have guessed depending on version etc around 10k.

They were about £5k ish back in the day.