ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise on 182 any ideas

Only had my 182 for a week and whenever i reverse and then go to pull away I hear this clunk, seems to be on the passenger side. It seems to happen once youve changed gear and start to release the clutch.

Anyone know what this might be?

Ziel Nurburgring

Kathy, use the search. Most of your question regarding ownership are covered on here. Rattles, 1st gear knocking when giving the pot noodle horn and crap renault dealers.

Dont worry about the noise, its the ABS self testing. Does it on all the cars, and wont do it again until you turn off the ignition and restart it

hi kathy , ive had my 182 for 8 months and mine has done the same since i took possesion of it , its been into the garage loads of times but still does it , its ok saying dont worry about it but its bloody anoying and if it is the abs self testing why doesnt it do it all the time :confused:

Mines got to go back in as i had the petrol blue colour and theres some problems with the paint on the doorhandles and the tailgate so i might mention it when it goes in and see what they say.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by brian182 on 15 April 2005

hi kathy , ive had my 182 for 8 months and mine has done the same since i took possesion of it , its been into the garage loads of times but still does it , its ok saying dont worry about it but its bloody anoying and if it is the abs self testing why doesnt it do it all the time :confused:
It might be annoying, but mine (and probably everyone elses) does it only after starting the car and first pulling away. You get a scrape/vibration through the pedals. The only other thing is some people get a slightly different one when the wheels are on full lock.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by k4thy on 15 April 2005

Mines got to go back in as i had the petrol blue colour and theres some problems with the paint on the doorhandles and the tailgate so i might mention it when it goes in and see what they say.
Get some pics up, i love that colour.