ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy Dephaser Pulley - Safe?

133/225/CLS AMG
Well as per my previous post, my engine is making some what diesel-ish noise at the moment with a slight ticking sound. Engine is driving fine, no noise inside the car and no warning lights or problems starting, from info on here and the use of Youtube I'm pretty certain it's the dephaser.

I've got the car booked in for some work which will include the cambelt, auxilary belts and dephaser plus some other bits and pieces. Problem is that's not until the 10th June so about a month away.

Question I wanted to know is if it is still safe to be driving the car with it making this noise? I don't do mega miles, maybe 300 miles a month at most but I don't want to cause irreparable damage to the engine in the mean time.

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I thought I may ask those that have experienced it as if it wasn't for the info I got on here I wouldn't even have a guess as to what it was anyway.

Do you know M.C?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if it really is the dephaser, then it can't fail, it will just be noisy, and at worst be down on power and a bit jerky to drive