ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy Drive belt.

renault clio 172
hey guys i've got a phase 1 clio 172 and i've just had the drive belt changed but its making a rubbing noise and has been since. any ideas where the tensioner is or whether you think a bit of belt dressing will help???:D ryan_piggott@baa.com

Lots of Alfas
Take it back to where it was done and get them to have a look. Did they change the tensioners, the aux belt and the tenisionor on that aswell?

The tensioners/rollers are just as important as the belts.

They should have checked the tensioner and changed it is needed its £80 though.

Get it changed and the aux belt since it should never be resused.

Become a member and I'll send you the guide but if the garage have done the aux belt they'll know how to the tensioner.

80MPG BEEZA
my aux belts squeeks most times when i start it up but goes off by the time ive gone down the street, the belt seems tight just dont know why it squeeks so much when its cold

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
i get the same thing batman, early mornings i get it for about 30 seconds and its gone. Signs of an old belt....getting mine changed tomorrow ;)

Cap

Pug 106 1.5 D Aztec powa!
oh dear i think mine needs doing too then lol :( is it expensive to get done?

80MPG BEEZA
i get the same thing batman, early mornings i get it for about 30 seconds and its gone. Signs of an old belt....getting mine changed tomorrow ;)

the belts only just over a year old, i sprinkled some chalk on before and it stoped it for a couple of days also does it with wd40