ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy engine

Clio 172 ph2
on tickover my 172 sound like its got low oil making a kinad knocking noise, but when you give it a small rev it gives a small vibrating noise and goes away.

ive just given it an oil change, new oil, filter and plug gasket.

it was run fairly low on oil (2 bars on the digi dash) but not for long!

what could this noise be?

HELLLLPPP :)

Clio 172 ph2
ive taken the plastic cover off and it sounds like its in the top of the engine but its hard to tell!

Mainly a tow truck
Agree with above the dephaser pullies are quite common but more so on the megane models.

The part is around £100 to buy and is a main dealer part only, if your in there then i would have the complete cam belt setup replaced too as a precaution.

Carl

Clio 172
Agree with above the dephaser pullies are quite common but more so on the megane models.

The part is around £100 to buy and is a main dealer part only, if your in there then i would have the complete cam belt setup replaced too as a precaution.

Carl

£164.84 inc. VAT And as above get your belts done whilst having this done as they have to com ff anyways. And from the sounds of it yours is well worn so sort it sooner rather than later! And dont drive to far or too hard!

Clio 172 ph2
so for a new dephaser pully, cam belt kit and mite aswell do aux belt + kit, what sort of price am i looking without fitting?

cheers for the help guys!!!