ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia 5800 Bluetooth

53 plate 172
I'm thinking of getting a Parrot system and a connects2 for my ipod.

But was just wondering is there any way I could hook the 5800 up to play music via the car stereo?

Thanks

if your phone is a2dp compatible get a parrot mki kit as that will stream music from your phone wirelessly or use the headphone port on your phone.these kits will connect the ipod too with the ipod specific cable included so its an all in once then

Matt

53 plate 172
if your phone is a2dp compatible get a parrot mki kit as that will stream music from your phone wirelessly or use the headphone port on your phone.these kits will connect the ipod too with the ipod specific cable included so its an all in once then

Matt

Many thanks Matt. Looks like the phone is compatible and the 9200i is £150 from Amazon.

Or £200 including fitting from Halfords.

Last edited:
  53 plate 172
Is the 9200i easy to fit? Don't really fancy Halfords. I suppose I could add to the couple of jobs I need to book into Birchdown.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I have a Parrot CK3100 in my Clio and Ive tried using the MP3 player via bluetooth. Its epic fail tbqfh, the sound was tinny and dull and probably only about half of the range of listening to music thru the radio on its own. Plus it will only connect to the front 4 speakers, not the rears. Dont bother IMO. Go with the suggestion of an aux jack and you should be fine.

if you used the kit for its intended purpose you wouldnt have the problem,the ck3100 was never intended for music

ph2 172
Ive had the 9200i for a while now, been a bit tempremental, but others have little or no problems, i also have the nokia 5800 and you just simply play audio via bluetooth really simple.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
if you used the kit for its intended purpose you wouldnt have the problem,the ck3100 was never intended for music

No need to be snotty about it. God sake man. And yes, I do use it for the intended purpose, i.e. making and receiving calls. The specs say it can play music, I tried it, it failed. That is all.

Vee 6
Sorry fella, Ck3100 was never made with playing music in mind ( yes it will play music badly and in mono )

I know this as i'm a Parrot Certified installer.

Fraser, Have you updated the software in yours ? Anything before Ver 1.40 was dreadful.

Now they seem to have it spot on.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Sorry fella, Ck3100 was never made with playing music in mind ( yes it will play music badly and in mono )

I know this as i'm a Parrot Certified installer.

Fraser, Have you updated the software in yours ? Anything before Ver 1.40 was dreadful.

Now they seem to have it spot on.

Yeah, look fair enough, Ive no issue about that at all. I wasnt after an argument anyways. I didnt buy it to play music, thats what the CD player in my Clio is for! As I said, I bought the kit to make and take calls safely.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
You know, its funny. 3 days after getting it and having it installed, a mate of mine was fitting my lowering springs and he says dude why did you get the old one lol!! He said I should have gotten the CK3200 cos is a bigger and colour screen. I dunno. It works ok so thats all I need really.

Vee 6
It was colour and did nothing more than yours does, They have just discontinued the 3200.

They also fecked around with it and put the mic in the screen of the later ones.

( Outgoing audio was a bit hit or a miss )

Again, Upgrade the software in your's and it will go on for years.

You using the voice commands ? Works really well.

ph2 172
i was sick to death with upgrading my software, and was ready to lob it away, but like you say its a massive improvent with the latest software.