ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nokia d box, help needed

a burnt one
Well folks, ive not got any knowledge about technology whatsoever, despite being born in the 80's i appear to be stuck in the 60's.

Obviously i know what these things do but theres seems a lot of them, does anyone have any info on which is the best, problems involved, what i need to run one etc etc.

I really need more telly of the free variety but would appreciate any advice before ordering one.

oh, i better post a link to what im talking about
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOKIA-DBOX-2-D-BOX2-DBOX2-D-BOX-2-D-BOX-DEBUG-CABLE-TV_W0QQitemZ160035731608QQihZ006QQcategoryZ39804QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
The dbox is somewhat old now, they stopped making them a while back. You might want to look at the dreambox which is a newer and more capable device. Dbox will still do what you want though ;) You can lots of other cool stuff with them as well, they are very flexible. Have a read here:

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/index.php

You need to register to see the cable forum.

a burnt one
Cheers mate, much appreciated, il have a look at that later and see if i can make sense of it, i presume i have to already have some kind of digital tv service?

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I don't have a cable TV service but I have a cable modem. I just split the cable with an adapter and the dbox works. Of course the software on mine only allows me to watch free to air channels.......

;)

a burnt one
Ah, i see, well i wont buy the dreambox i seen on ebay to watch free to air channels, as i already have cable tv through my I.S.P so there would be no point wiring it up to my existing cable plainly to receive the channels i am already receiving with my cable package.

If that makes sense;)