ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Mini Cooper S sport
Rasclart said:
How much did they charge you for the handset MM?

£99.99 butter, but I know you've bought yours already! What did you pay? Want to have a dirty video call? :evil:

Blimey, 21 pages on a phone, how sad are we?

Sorry about all your traumas Mitch, hope you can get one next week - it'll be all worth it when it arrives :)

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
Racing Blue said:
£99.99 butter, but I know you've bought yours already! What did you pay? Want to have a dirty video call? :evil:

Blimey, 21 pages on a phone, how sad are we?

Sorry about all your traumas Mitch, hope you can get one next week - it'll be all worth it when it arrives :)

£49.99 my tariff I had on Virgin was dogshit and this one on orange is 900% better, plus they gave me £80 back for ANY phone. I took a shitty 3330 down which was a bonus as well. Loads of free texts and mins for the first 6 months as well!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I finally managed to have a play with a N80 today. Lovely phone, great screen and a nice size. having said all of that I'm not convinced that I really need to own one of these though. It doesn't offer lots more than the 6630 I own or the N70 which I could get for free with a amazing contract (750 xnet anytime minutes and 750 texts per month for £20). The earlier Symbian phones also benefit from having far more software available and are not handicapped by software requiring to be digital signed.

I was confused about what to do before, even worse now :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
I had to ring of my own doing today, why the f**k they don't ring you when they hear something I dont know.

anyway I spoke to a love girl called ermm claire I think, anyway she said there was a message back from support and I hadnt paid for the phone.

Now I have and the phone has been dispatched for here monday, latest tuesday :D

Citroen DS3 DSport
You don't really worry about the size of it with the buttons down nd it's not very tall. Quite a thick phone but nothing terribly bad.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's sexy as hell. ;) Mine was dispatched saturday mitch and arrived monday! We expect regular updates on the situation! ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
Revels106 said:
Ive had a play with Racing Blues! ;)

And the phone ;)

I'm glad you didn't steal it, after waiting 8 months for it I'd be gutted! I just wish I had a better signal at my house.

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol enough of that RB!

this is a geeky phone thread not a....

anyway I'm gonna ring again tomorrow to check it all went through cos the card I used for my payments is having ermm a few problems at the mo :(

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Racing Blue said:
I'm glad you didn't steal it, after waiting 8 months for it I'd be gutted! I just wish I had a better signal at my house.

lol. I've never heard of a woman being so excited and waiting for the release of a phone! :D

Mini Cooper S sport
Nothing dodgy about the Baywatch theme :cool:

I will use it!!

Sorry Mitch..back to the geek-speak :eek:

It is one very sleek phone though, it'll be a while before I see a better one. Even the K800i (out in July-ish) isn't as good.

Golf GTI 1.8T
i couldnt be with the same phone for 18 months. they change so much over 12 months anyway.

Golf GTI 1.8T
corr they must love me in their call centre!! lol

just phoned to make sure my phone has been dispatched and it has :D wooo hope it comes tomorrow!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've had my current phone for close on 18 months so I'm sure I'll manage to keep the N80 that long. I used to change my phone nearly every month but I've got over that now :D

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
18 month contract arent good

thats £35 for a further 6 months - total £210

its cheaper to pay £50 for the phone on a 12 moth contract

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm not paying £35 though, only £27 and for that I get a free N80, 750 xnet anytime minutes and 750 texts. At that price I'd be stupid not to accept, even the guys in Phones4U gave up trying to sell me a contract when they heard what deal I'd been offered.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
I'm not paying £35 though, only £27 and for that I get a free N80, 750 xnet anytime minutes and 750 texts. At that price I'd be stupid not to accept, even the guys in Phones4U gave up trying to sell me a contract when they heard what deal I'd been offered.

ok £27 x 6 is 162

seems alot for 6 months

Citroen DS3 DSport
andy_con said:
ok £27 x 6 is 162

seems alot for 6 months
I don't think it is considering the value the tariff alone represents. The phone is not the only benefit here.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
I don't think it is considering the value the tariff alone represents. The phone is not the only benefit here.

true, but just upgrade after 12 months and keep the same tariff

My mate has just got one from orange for FREE. not to sure on the contract but tbh looking at them if O2 dont upgrade me for FREE then im going to orange.

Golf GTI 1.8T
I doubt he did. they wont give them for free and they arent for new customers either, beleive me I tried mate.

oh yeah I didnt tell you peeps, on thursday I got called for a customer service report because of my abusive call on the tuesday evening opps! lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Sounds like you were right to be abusive, did they apologise?

Andy a 18 month deal will be fine for me, saves me having to go through the nightmare process of choosing a new handset in 12 months time :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol nah they didnt appolagise, I just had to answer questions on how the operator handled my call haha.

anyway I'm getting straight on the phone as soon as its here to get some compensation, hopefully a months line rental or something. I got a complimentary £30 off last year when I complained about my bill changing which was actually my fault hehe

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've sold several phones on ebay in the past and I've always been amazed that people have sometimes paid me more for a secondhand phone than it would have cost them to buy a the same brand new and sim free handset in store. Weird.