ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Citroen DS3 DSport
I returned the 3250 this morning. Not sure what I'll be changing to, current choices are N80 (and pay cash towards it), N70 or SE W810i.

The N70 has a great spec and is always highly rated. The camera on it is great quality and it'll run my TomTom software so it is probably my favoured choice.

Mini Cooper S sport
YAAAAAAY mine arrived this morning, at long last!!! :D :D :D

And OMG it was worth the wait, it looks gorgeous and I love the blue lights behind the keypad (I got it in silver). It's charging at the moment.

It's not that big at all actually, it's shorter than my old k700i, but slightly wider and thicker and has a nice big screen.

I can't believe how much stuff this phone does, it's going to take me forever to read through all the instructions. Comes with a USB cable as well, and you can even edit sounds and videos on the phone itself, you don't need software!

Love the fact you get a flash on it with anti-red eye - and it can take pictures in sequence. This is far and away the best phone I've ever had - just hope it works properly!

SLK 350
N70 is just far too slooooooow, navigating the menu's and waiting for the camera module to load is painful!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Racing Blue said:

And OMG it was worth the wait, it looks gorgeous and I love the blue lights behind the keypad (I got it in silver). It's charging at the moment.

It's not that big at all actually, it's shorter than my old k700i, but slightly wider and thicker and has a nice big screen.

I can't believe how much stuff this phone does, it's going to take me forever to read through all the instructions. Comes with a USB cable as well, and you can even edit sounds and videos on the phone itself, you don't need software!

Love the fact you get a flash on it with anti-red eye - and it can take pictures in sequence. This is far and away the best phone I've ever had - just hope it works properly!

instructions!!!!

dont b a girl, men dont read instructions LOL

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Racing Blue said:

Welcome to our ever increasing club! ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport
ozzyo99 said:
N70 is just far too slooooooow, navigating the menu's and waiting for the camera module to load is painful!

It can't be worse than the 6630 I currently use! Plus it always gets very high review ratings.

the n70 is s**t

all of my mates with them hate them

the buttons fall off, it reverts back to factory settings, etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The majority of comments I read are very positive but there are always going to be faults, especially with a phone which has topped Nokia sales charts over the past year.

Anyone tried the w810i and is it a good phone with a quick UI?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Racing Blue said:

WHAT SOFTWARE DOES THE PHONE COME WITH TO EDIT MUSIC, MY N91 DONT COME WITH ANY EDITTING SOFTWARE?????

BMW M135i
Jay said:
Can't wait to get my N80 now!! :D

Just need some friends to put some numbers in it! :clown:
You'll need some apps too:dapprove: :), i've found 4 decent (ish) ones and there not that useful, I miss my tomtom.

Though i'm warming to it and may keep it at the moment, tomorrow will be d-day for it.

Mini Cooper S sport
andy_con said:
instructions!!!!

dont b a girl, men dont read instructions LOL

I AM a girl!!! :p

BTW, I don't know what software it comes with, there's a Nokia disc I've not had a chance to look at yet. In the instructions I looked at quickly it says you can edit sounds and videos on the phone itself.

Can't wait to get it all up and running - it even comes with a 128mb memory card.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Racing Blue said:

BTW, I don't know what software it comes with, there's a Nokia disc I've not had a chance to look at yet. In the instructions I looked at quickly it says you can edit sounds and videos on the phone itself.

Can't wait to get it all up and running - it even comes with a 128mb memory card.

The artist formally known as metallic blank if memory serves me correctly! :)

Haven't even looked at the CD, I assume it's for PC users.

Hopefully a 2GB mini-sd will be waiting for me when I get home! :)

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Racing Blue said:

LOL my bad

you sure it comes with editting software my n91 dont??

whats the software called??

BMW M135i
I've got nothing on mine to edit music, though I think theres a video director thing which is the same as the old version and from what I remember of the older symbian apps there wasn't much you could do with it anyway.

I'm taking mine back now anyway, partly because of the software issue though I could have sat that out, mostly because no matter how cheap they are (for me anyway) vodafone are a bunch of useless tossers. When you've got a problem and to be told well you've got a problem with your account (no sh*t) but were not sure what it is, ring back tomorrow, it doesn't go down too well. That was after the first 2 people cut me off, grrr :mad:. w*****s, end of.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Guy said:
anyone got any n80 versions of tom tom yet?

There isn't any! Won't be until they release version 6 at a guess, then be prepared to get the credit card out.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
sn00p said:
Hopefully a 2GB mini-sd will be waiting for me when I get home! :)

There was a 2GB card waiting for me when I got home, unfortunately it was a SD rather than the mini-sd that I ordered.....:(

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Jay said:
No news on my N80 yet..... do orange send you an email when it has been dispatched?

I got an email from them saying that my order had been confirmed and that it would arrive within 2 days. Nothing to say that it had actually been dispatched though.

hmmm had an email as soon as I placed the order, it was just the same as confirmation of order on orange website.

hopefully tomorrow or Saturday!!! *fingers crossed*

Mini Cooper S sport
sn00p said:
The artist formally known as metallic blank if memory serves me correctly! :)

That's me! *hugs* (well, Metallic Black, not blank ;))

As I said about the sound editing, I only flicked through the instruction book, there's so much more stuff on it than my old phone, so maybe on further investigation I'll find I misread it.

I can't sort out the SIM card! It's still working in my old phone but I have a new card and I'm not sure if I'm meant to swap them over or wait for it to update.

Racing Blue said:
That's me! *hugs* (well, Metallic Black, not blank ;))

As I said about the sound editing, I only flicked through the instruction book, there's so much more stuff on it than my old phone, so maybe on further investigation I'll find I misread it.

I can't sort out the SIM card! It's still working in my old phone but I have a new card and I'm not sure if I'm meant to swap them over or wait for it to update.

o2 did that with my last phone

sent me a 3g sim card, put it in and it wouldnt work so just used my normal sim as i wouldnt use 3g anyway due to ££

SLK 350
Right phoned O2 today and spoke to (Andy @) retentions and he stated:

N80 will be released 6th June, and will cost £129.99 in a sub £50pm tariff.

N91 will be released 22nd May, and will cost £199.99 in a sub £50pm tariff.

Both of the above (he stated) have been fixed by Nokia, and he mentioned that O2 were very disappointed by the fixed pricing of the handsets. News to me that Nokia would have any bearing on what the providers charge mind.

I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt though for now, i know how volatile the market is so next month they'll be giving them away.

ozzyo99 said:

Both of the above (he stated) have been fixed by Nokia, and he mentioned that O2 were very disappointed by the fixed pricing of the handsets. News to me that Nokia would have any bearing on what the providers charge mind.

I'm taking it all with a pinch of salt though for now, i know how volatile the market is so next month they'll be giving them away.

I cant see this happening, orange are giving them away. They will loose lots of customers.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sn00p said:
There was a 2GB card waiting for me when I got home, unfortunately it was a SD rather than the mini-sd that I ordered.....:(

lol whoops!

I'm looking forward to gettting mine tomororw :D

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
anyone know a programme i could use to take/cut bits out of songs to put on my n91????????

Citroen DS3 DSport
ozzyo99 said:

Those are the same prices I was quoted last week. If that is true then why are they offering the N91 for £149.99 to new customers? I reckon o2 make up alot of crap excuses for handset pricing.

Golf GTI 1.8T
ok mate. mums under strict orders to open it and get it charged for when I get home from work :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
sneeks said:
Those are the same prices I was quoted last week. If that is true then why are they offering the N91 for £149.99 to new customers? I reckon o2 make up alot of crap excuses for handset pricing.

sneeks as I was told by orange. the phone company's governing bodie - Ofcom subsidise the money for the cost of the phone. they get more money towards the phone for new contracts than they do an upgrade.

total w**k I know, theres no such thing a brand loyalty anymore, its all about business and nothing about good service!

when I ring orange to cancel my current phone, and they ask why are you leave I'm gonna make sure I tell them they are f**king s**t!! even though I've gone back with them lol.

oh and another thing they do now, they charge £1.50 a month for bloody itemised billing, what the f**k is that about!! so laughed it off and just view my bill online if I need to.

Golf GTI 1.8T
she dont wanna!!

lol I've just checked my account again and still no £49 debited so looks like I'm getting a free phone :) had some good luck lately :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd consider leaving o2 if it wasn't for the fact that they've gave me a really great tariff and I'd be silly to ditch it. I'll see what I can do about the upgrade price on Monday.