ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Citroen DS3 DSport
Anyone here owned a w810i or similar? If so how many sms messages can you store before the Inbox is full? Nokia symbian phones have a brilliant sms capacity of well over 1000 texts which means you are not constantly having to empty the inbox.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
Anyone here owned a w810i or similar? If so how many sms messages can you store before the Inbox is full? Nokia symbian phones have a brilliant sms capacity of well over 1000 texts which means you are not constantly having to empty the inbox.

theres lots of sms storing programmes out there for nokias

Astra CDTI SRI
Got my N80 ordered from onestopphoneshop.com.

On 02, 250 mins and 100 texts (500 min and 200 text for the first 3 months) £35 a month and the phone was £30.

It was out of stock, but I rang them last night to see what was going on.

The nice chap on the phone told me that they get their phones from carphonewarehouse and were expecting a delivery last night. I should have it by tomorrow (saturday) or monday.

He also told me that they get them in sim free, so it's not locked and will accept any sim card. Great for re-selling after you contract is up!

Citroen DS3 DSport
ozzyo99 said:
On my K750i it's about 200 afaik. Not sure about W810i though.

Quite a bit less than the Nokia symbian phones :( It's nice only having to empty the inbox 3 times a year :D

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
One thing I find annoying....

No autolock but it auto unlocks when opening the case, no option to enable autolock either?! :-$

And if you don't lock it, then when you quick press the power button to bring up the menu, I think the first option should be lock rather than power off. I keep turning the phone off by accident!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Jay said:
have you got yours now then sn00p?

Had it since monday! :)

Very cool, liking it a lot, but then I did just come from a SPV C500 so anything would be an upgrade from that! (windows mobile)

Not so keen on this "symbian signed" thing, as far as I can understand pressure was put on them to do this by the mobile phone networks so that people wern't installing rubbish software and then phoning up their network (support) to ask why their phone doesn't work.

There's a few pieces of software I'd like to write for it, but they've got differing tiers of "signing" depending on what features you make use of - the more features you use, the more it costs to get your certificate to allow development, then if you want to distribute it needs to be tested by them ($$$) and then signed with their certificate so that others can install & run it. It would however appear that signing of freeware products is free.

There doesn't appear to be a developer mode that allows running of unsigned code either, which is a pity.

Mini Cooper S sport
Guy said:
o2 did that with my last phone

sent me a 3g sim card, put it in and it wouldnt work so just used my normal sim as i wouldnt use 3g anyway due to ££

Ohhh is THAT what it is? Yeah I'll never use 3g either, so I've just stuck my old sim in it, and it works fine. I'm dying to get loads of songs put on it, haven't had a proper chance to play with it due to lengthy trip to Ikea last night.

The prices on O2 sound horrendous, glad I stayed with Orange - they haven't billed me yet either, I hope they forget to (somehow I doubt they will).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Racing Blue said:
Ohhh is THAT what it is? Yeah I'll never use 3g either, so I've just stuck my old sim in it, and it works fine. I'm dying to get loads of songs put on it, haven't had a proper chance to play with it due to lengthy trip to Ikea last night.

The prices on O2 sound horrendous, glad I stayed with Orange - they haven't billed me yet either, I hope they forget to (somehow I doubt they will).

If you're not going to use 3g, then open up the main menu:

Tools/Settings/Network

And change network mode to GSM.

This will apparently provide more battery life.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
if anyone find any good software for the n80 and n91 post up the name and what it does

Not liking the look of those upgrade prices! They can go forth and multiply if they think im paying that!!

Went to 4 phone shops today, none had the N80 in stock!!

Think I might be changing to Orange/Voda! Whos got one with them? Have theyre own software and changes like they normally do? I know I can get it flashed, but its easier if it comes good to start with!

BMW M135i
Don't go with Voda, the phone is fine with them and is completly unbranded. But Vodafone themselves are useless, with stick orange/o2 thats what i'm going to do.

Citroen DS3 DSport
From what I've read the Orange handsets do not have a modified UI, only a theme which can be changed.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If I will accept an 18 month contract then 02 will do me a excellent deal on the N80, I'm tempted. My phonecall today was worthwhile.

DC5
Just been on phone to O2 (online) and they have said it is coming out on the 5th June. They do not know a price, but said it is going to be cheaper than the N91. Gona make sure I get it for free any way :)

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Anyone got any pics of there n80 ....Unsure on the size ...I either want the n80 or n91

Or both would be better

Cheers

Golf GTI 1.8T
Rasclart said:
Just dropped into the Orange store and got one :)

wish I'd just done this.

I'm really fucked off now!!!

you know they had problems with my card details not being saved etc and I was told it would be sent out and I would receive it today.......yeah you guessed it no f**king N80 here!!

well phone them very pissed off as mums been waiting around for it all day, and only to get told again that theres a problem and they are mailing support (exactly what I got told on wednesday!) also I'm not going to get it till mon/tues!! grrr

being very pissed off after that call I've gone through to customer services and am now claiming compensation for being messed about!!

lucky I did cancel my other contract on tuesday hey...

Citroen DS3 DSport
Can they not allow you to go collect a phone from a local Orange store?

I will also be joining the N80 club

Golf GTI 1.8T
nah this is all because I havent paid for the phone (basically they got my card details messed up and its not been debited so they wont dispatch the phone) but why should I have to chase them up for something theyve fucked up.

I was told the payment went through so I'm not now going to accept they fucked up they can send it to me for free.

I just phoned them again and was told that support have been contacted and to ring again after 9am to find out if anything is happening. if not I'm going to phone orange colchester and go and get one and cancel that other one!!

Yey! Got my N80 today, but I have to admit registering the bugger taken me an hour! :eek:

first of all got through (after 20mins) to some non english speaking person saying can't help you you need to ring such and such..... tried again......... 17 mins wait this time... and got through to the same non english speaking person again :S so hung up

Tried a different number (waited 10 mins) told the guy (english speaking) I wanted to keep my pay as you go number on the new phone / contract. Ok he said, but another department do that, I'll register your phone for you now. Done, so rang the "other department" told them the situation, oh can't have your pay as you go number now because the new phone has been registered! :mad: so I'm stuck with a new number.

But there is one positive outcome, my dad is having my old 6230 pay as you go with my old number.

Had a little play with the N80 - thumbs up so far.

Sorry to hear you didn't get your N80 Mitch.

Golf GTI 1.8T
year I cant wait to make another phone call dead on 9 am tomorrow. if nothings been done then I'm cancelling the contract and going to buy instore. the bloke said he would get it sent out today, which he has already failed to do so...

Golf GTI 1.8T
and I'm sure you can change the numbers over, just need the pac code off the payg phone, then tell them that and they will change it over. think it can take up to 48 hours tho iirc

Golf GTI 1.8T
f**k, s**t , c**t, w**k, tossers!!!

just phoned them and while I was hold thought I'd call the local orange shop to see if they had any......30 people waiting list :eek:

so looks like I'm stuck waiting for a call/email for this mess to be sorted!! grrr