ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

BMW E46 330i Touring
Because it's nice styling, no fancy features that you get sick of within 5 minutes, does what it does well... calls and texts people.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sn00p said:
I cancelled my orange order from a third party yesterday and ordered direct from orange (yeah, I'm aware of possible firmware issues), cheaper and better contract!

Got email this morning saying that my order has been processed succesfully and that it'll be with me within two days.

Afaik on orange it's scheduled release date is the 15th, monday.
so you actually ordered a N80 from orange direct??

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
so you actually ordered a N80 from orange direct??

Yes. I had a confirmation email this morning, it'll be here monday or tuesday.

I also had a slight email issue, so I asked them to re-confirm this, I got a second email from them also stating this.

Golf GTI 1.8T
^ omg the w*****s! they told me they dont know when it will be available but it will be this month. i wouldnt wanna be the orange operator taking my call tomorrow.

I love it when they have adverts saying existing customers come first then feed us bullshit and sell them to new one to get business.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
shame sony cant make mobile phones thought.

i think that the sony cameras are s**t, my n91 has a fantastic 2mp camera

Last edited:
  vx220
sn00p said:
Yes. I had a confirmation email this morning, it'll be here monday or tuesday.

I also had a slight email issue, so I asked them to re-confirm this, I got a second email from them also stating this.
Was in an orange shop on sat and they had a batch of n80's ready for sale! Was going to take up a new contract. She let me have a play of the phone and it seems quality! Going to wait a little while longer for the prices and deal to become better though!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
mja182 said:
Was in an orange shop on sat and they had a batch of n80's ready for sale! Was going to take up a new contract. She let me have a play of the phone and it seems quality! Going to wait a little while longer for the prices and deal to become better though!

Cool. Dunno what it's like for existing customers, I'm a new customer coming back to orange so the deal didn't seem to bad for me, certainly cheaper than pay and go that I'm currently on!

Hoping it'll be here tomorrow!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
did they charge you for the phone?

£49. 12 month contract, 500 texts, 100 minutes (I use texts more than voice).

If I'd picked an 18 month then it'd have been something like 1500 texts a month.

SLK 350
Andy_Con, that picture is actually pretty average quality, even compared to my K750, and given my phone is a year old i'd have hoped for progress. But that shot is actually very blurred and lots of moire around all edges. Sure its marketed as a music phone, but that looks like a photo from my girlfriends Samsung 1.3mp.

Hoping the N80 might be at least a little sharper, although early reports state that isn't the case. But hopefully that will just be a software issue which will be rectified.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
you paid £49 for the phone alone?

£49 for the phone.

£25/month on the contract which should be pretty much all I need. Will be cheaper than the pay & go that I'm on now.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ozzyo99 said:
Andy_Con, that picture is actually pretty average quality, even compared to my K750, and given my phone is a year old i'd have hoped for progress. But that shot is actually very blurred and lots of moire around all edges. Sure its marketed as a music phone, but that looks like a photo from my girlfriends Samsung 1.3mp.

Hoping the N80 might be at least a little sharper, although early reports state that isn't the case. But hopefully that will just be a software issue which will be rectified.

well why dont you post a pipc from your phone then

put your money where your mouth is?

sn00p said:
£49 for the phone.

£25/month on the contract which should be pretty much all I need. Will be cheaper than the pay & go that I'm on now.
Thats not so bad! The phone is £550 on play.com

Contract mins/text could be a bit better tho.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've never used the camera on any of the phones I've owned, both my digital cameras produce far better shots than any phone camera!

Golf GTI 1.8T
sn00p said:
£49 for the phone.

grr im gonna phone them now. im not paying for a phone tho, ive been with them since i was 12, and i also want another 100 mins for nothing.

i'm paying 30 a month for 200 mins 500 texts, i clear the mins in about 2 weeks so wouldnt mind knocking a few texts off.

bill normally comes to £50 a month, easily if im organising a meet etc. so probably worth me paying for more mins anyway, but you gotta demand and say your gonna leave to get anywhere with them.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Revels182 said:
Thats not so bad! The phone is £550 on play.com

Contract mins/text could be a bit better tho.

I could have had 1500 texts if I'd gone onto an 18 month contract, but I didn't want that. The terms of the contract are fine for my use.

SLK 350
andy_con said:
well why dont you post a pipc from your phone then

put your money where your mouth is?

I'll put one up when i get home if you so wish.

sn00p said:
both my digital cameras produce far better shots than any phone camera!

A dedicated device is always going to trounce a multi-functional device - id certainly hope so anyway.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ozzyo99 said:
I'll put one up when i get home if you so wish.

A dedicated device is always going to trounce a multi-functional device - id certainly hope so anyway.

the reason my pic was a bit funny round the edges, was cos i was taking the pic through my window

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
ozzyo99 said:

Exactly. I couldn't give a rats a** about the quality of the camera built into a phone! Got something far better to use!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I also noticed the N80 on Orange for £49.99 on any tariff. I may well phone o2 retentions tomorrow and cancel the deal they offered me in favour of buying the N80 elsewhere. o2 were asking £129.99 for the N80 on upgrade.

SLK 350
N80 £130!?

O2 told me they still haven't fixed pricing for the N91 and N80 so i think they must be sh1tting you mate.

Mini Cooper S sport
That 12 month deal for £49 on Orange sounds really good to me. I'm already on Orange and can't upgrade to it without it costing me silly money which I'm not going to do, and I'm not changing my number. I have no choice but to wait for it on O2. It's so frustrating when new Orange customers can get such good deals, but they're not there for existing customers.

Golf GTI 1.8T
RB - phone up and have ago if you threaten to leave they will most certainly give you something extra. Last time I complained was when I added some txts through the net but without knowing it knocked my minutes down because I was changing the deal of the txts it compromised with the mins.

phone them and got it changed back and complimentary £30 off my bill :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I've also heard that the firmware on the orange version is the generic version :) Apparently all they've done is just add their own orange theme.

Clio 172mk2
just been on fone to o2 and they said they aint got them till 5/6/o6 wtf they playing at , can some one confirm this

Citroen DS3 DSport
ozzyo99 said:
N80 £130!?

O2 told me they still haven't fixed pricing for the N91 and N80 so i think they must be sh1tting you mate.

N80 - £129.99

N91 - £199.99

Those were the guideline prices she said she'd been told for upgrades. New customers will no doubt get offered them for less. For the N91 she quoted June availability and the N80 late May.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They will offer you it far cheaper on upgrade if you threaten to cancel. They usually knock £100 off of the upgrade price so expect to pay £29.99 for the N80 or free if you're lucky.

vx220
sneeks said:
N80 - £129.99

N91 - £199.99

Those were the guideline prices she said she'd been told for upgrades. New customers will no doubt get offered them for less. For the N91 she quoted June availability and the N80 late May.
I went into vodafone on sat. after orange and looking at the n80. They where willing to match the orange deal and had the phones in stock also! They are currently offering "stop the clock" and half price line rental for 6 months '£17.50' and they would match the £49 for the phone, which orange offered me.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
mja182 said:
I went into vodafone on sat. after orange and looking at the n80. They where willing to match the orange deal and had the phones in stock also! They are currently offering "stop the clock" and half price line rental for 6 months '£17.50' and they would match the £49 for the phone, which orange offered me.

I looked a voda, but they seem a complete rip when it comes to texts, from what I could work out none of the price plans include any texts and you have to pay 'x' quid per month for texts, unless I've missed something!

vx220
I wont be going with voda myself! just posting up the fact that they had them in! I spoke to a mate of mine who works for three! They will be releasing the n80 start of june! Thinking of going with them as its a good deal. Before you all start about the network, i personally have had no problems (touch wood). The phone will be free with 750mins (x-network), 150 texts, 50 mins of video calls, 50 video or photo messages and £5 worth of downloads. And that deal is £30/month on a 12 month contract! cant grumble at that!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
mja182 said:
I wont be going with voda myself! just posting up the fact that they had them in! I spoke to a mate of mine who works for three! They will be releasing the n80 start of june! Thinking of going with them as its a good deal. Before you all start about the network, i personally have had no problems (touch wood). The phone will be free with 750mins (x-network), 150 texts, 50 mins of video calls, 50 video or photo messages and £5 worth of downloads. And that deal is £30/month on a 12 month contract! cant grumble at that!

Yeah, wasn't meaning anything by that, just meant that I considered voda but didn't like what they were offering! The amount of texts I have on my orange contract would cost me £25 extra/mo, so that'd be at least £45 a month on voda!

I was kind of tempted by three, my aunt is on it and she has no problem with the signal or anything, and generally the deals are very good on there. Once my 12 months is up with orange it might be somewhere I consider going, I'm guessing that on three they have packages more suited to texters?

Nothings arrived here today so far, I guess it'll be tomorrow that the phone arrives, thing is I wont be able to play with it here because I want to give it a proper charge, have to do that at home!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I phoned o2 again today and the person I spoke to said that the previous operator must have made up that price as he does not have any info on the system yet. He did tell me that the N80 will be available this week.

I'll see what I think of the 3250 and decide what to do from there.

Last edited:
  vx220
sn00p said:
I'm guessing that on three they have packages more suited to texters?QUOTE]
I think three do add on bundles for texts! say an extra fiver a month for x number of texts!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i read that the camera is twank. N91 is supposed to be better

I'm gonna wait for the N92 personally