ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
mja182 said:
I wont be going with voda myself! just posting up the fact that they had them in! I spoke to a mate of mine who works for three! They will be releasing the n80 start of june! Thinking of going with them as its a good deal. Before you all start about the network, i personally have had no problems (touch wood). The phone will be free with 750mins (x-network), 150 texts, 50 mins of video calls, 50 video or photo messages and £5 worth of downloads. And that deal is £30/month on a 12 month contract! cant grumble at that!

i would check, cos last time i spoke to three you can only send mms to other three mobiles and no other networls.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I thought I'd check the Jbenchmark results for the 3250, N80 and the 6630 and this is what I found:

Nokia 3250
Score 539
Image manipulation 409
Text 834
Sprites, game scene 534
3D transformation 839
User interface 296

Nokia N80
Score 290
Image manipulation 192
Text 331
Sprites, game scene 230
3D transformation 399
User interface 349

Nokia 6630
Score 259
Image manipulation 389
Text 1119
Sprites, game scene 80
3D transformation 109
User interface 305

I've no idea what any of it means though so it was not of much help :D Anyone here able to tell me if these are good or bad results?

Clio 172mk2
going by them results id be hoping it ment the lower the better, u got a link to the site where u got them results

Golf GTI 1.8T
I phoned orange today because snoop said he has been able to order his.

they said that new customers will get theres from friday but they are still awaiting stock for upgrades. so I said thats not very good seen as your policy is existing customers come first and all the dippy cow said was year I know.

so gonna ring back tomorrow and hopefully speak to a bloke and have a go at them properly cos its out of order that new customers should get priority!

Fancy admitting that theyre giving priority to new customers! Its obvious its going to happen but you dont tell people that!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
I phoned orange today because snoop said he has been able to order his.

they said that new customers will get theres from friday but they are still awaiting stock for upgrades. so I said thats not very good seen as your policy is existing customers come first and all the dippy cow said was year I know.

so gonna ring back tomorrow and hopefully speak to a bloke and have a go at them properly cos its out of order that new customers should get priority!

:p ;)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
The N80 is probably slower because v3 of S60 runs differently, so apps have to be rewritten apparently.

Mini Cooper S sport
M1TCH said:
RB - phone up and have ago if you threaten to leave they will most certainly give you something extra. Last time I complained was when I added some txts through the net but without knowing it knocked my minutes down because I was changing the deal of the txts it compromised with the mins.

phone them and got it changed back and complimentary £30 off my bill :)

They didn't seem to care, just gave me my PAC code and that was that :dapprove:

Still if it's out on O2 this week it might make me a bit happier.

M1TCH, if you do ring Orange, let us know how you get on, I'd be interested to hear what they say about upgrades.

Sorry for being lazy (don't wanna plough threw 9 pages) what's the best network to go on for the N80 and is it gonna be free? looked on carphone warehouse website (out of stock). Got pay as you go at the min and need a contract phone.

Sounds like I'll get a good deal being a new customer?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Jay said:
Sorry for being lazy (don't wanna plough threw 9 pages) what's the best network to go on for the N80 and is it gonna be free? looked on carphone warehouse website (out of stock). Got pay as you go at the min and need a contract phone.

Sounds like I'll get a good deal being a new customer?

The orange deals are pretty good, they're very good if you're prepared to be locked into an 18 month "web" contract.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Jay said:
hmmmm cheers snoop, but aren't most of the contracts 18 months now?

Nah, 12 or 18, on an 18 month contract you'll get 1000 extra texts per month for life.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ive got an original genie simcard, had it since i was 14 unlimted free tx. when i was at school i sent 3000 a month and didnt pay for a single tx and i can still send as many as i want for nothing LOL

oh and it only costs me 10quid a month

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Jay said:
sounds decent though. Is that only with some networks?

Orange! Dunno what the other networks will be offering, but voda don't include any texts in their contracts as far as I could see.

Thats on orange mate! o2 do some good deals with 18month contracts, the t-mobile flex deals are good, theyre 18month too! But t-mobile arent getting the N80 apparently!

vx220
andy_con said:
i would check, cos last time i spoke to three you can only send mms to other three mobiles and no other networls.
Ive got a pay & go 3 as well as my other main mobile and i have managed to send mms to my misses phone who is on orange! To be honest the deal is good enough without the mms that you get with it! not like that is the deal breaker for me anyway!

Citroen DS3 DSport
CocoPops said:
The N80 is probably slower because v3 of S60 runs differently, so apps have to be rewritten apparently.

The 3250 is also running v3. Reports on some mobile foums say the 3250 is running a faster processor whereas the N80 is using the same processor as found in the 6630. Not sure if this is true or not. Regardless of those results most reviews say the N80 is very quick in everyday use.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Racing Blue said:
M1TCH, if you do ring Orange, let us know how you get on, I'd be interested to hear what they say about upgrades.

will do RB, cant see how they can offer them to new customers. whats the difference if I open a new contract to just extending mine. it ran out on the 13th may so technically I need to start a new contract with them.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
will do RB, cant see how they can offer them to new customers. whats the difference if I open a new contract to just extending mine. it ran out on the 13th may so technically I need to start a new contract with them.

Except that they won't let you keep your existing number if you sign up for a new contract, they've got you by the short and curlies and are squeezing! ;)

Golf GTI 1.8T
pmsl!!

well they can, they just open the new contract to that number. b******s. will defo ring today!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
As Clart and I have said, you cannot use a PAC code to transfer a number to the same network, the exception to this is pay and go to a contract.

Clio 172mk2
sn00p said:
As Clart and I have said, you cannot use a PAC code to transfer a number to the same network, the exception to this is pay and go to a contract.

yer they wont allow this ive tried , but what u do is have a old sim card read PAYG , transfer to that then to the one u want. bit of a pain but , least u get to keep yer own number

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
post a pic from the cam as well.

im still waiting for the pics from the k750i as apparently it has a better camera than the n91!!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Revels182 said:
OooOooo! lol First impressions?

First impressions, pretty cool. Haven't really had a chance to play (at work), wont this evening either as I'm going to the cinema! Hopefully will get a little bit of time when I get back from the cinema!

BMW M135i
Got one yesterday from phones4u, got home and saw that I could get it from orange cheaper so I tried taking it back this morning. When I say tried I ended up walking out with it again and the same contract is now £25 instead of £40 so i'm happy with that.

Phone itself is f**king awesome, really cool, loving the screen and wlan browsing. Sliding it open to answer calls is brilliant too.

I'll get a pic in abit.

edit:
3mp Pic: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pih.01/16052006009.jpg

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
Not sure really, its about 10mm shorter when closed compared to my K700i which I think is roughly the same size ?

Is quite thick though, not that it bothers me having previously had a 6630 and a 6680 in sucession before this.

o2 offered me the n80 for £5, £49.99 for the handset however one months free line rental. mite do this upgrade as it sounds like a good deal ?

no they said they still had not got them but they did have prices etc

i could get the nokia 8800 for 105 or the n91 for 105 puonds too they said.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
for all you wi-fi users

msn for your mobile, tested and fully working

Last edited: