ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Golf GTI 1.8T
sn00p said:
First impressions, pretty cool. Haven't really had a chance to play (at work), wont this evening either as I'm going to the cinema! Hopefully will get a little bit of time when I get back from the cinema!

you b**ch :cry:

I'm gonna go try them now!!

Golf GTI 1.8T
orange mate. theyve fobbed me off twice now but I'm not having it any longer I want that phone by the end of the week!!

oh and cheers andy, that will be very handy mate!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
orange mate. theyve fobbed me off twice now but I'm not having it any longer I want that phone by the end of the week!!

oh and cheers andy, that will be very handy mate!

LOL not a problem

Golf GTI 1.8T
mutha f*****s!!!!!

The price they can offer the phone to me for is £179 because of my price plan. I proper argued with the girl saying its f**king s**t that your sticthing up existing customers to get new ones.

so looks like if I want that phone I will have to get a new contract.

B-road bully
seems to have good features but its damn ugly lik all nokias ill rather get the samsung e900 i dont need wifi n sat nav malarky in a phone..

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
D"w!Z said:
seems to have good features but its damn ugly lik all nokias ill rather get the samsung e900 i dont need wifi n sat nav malarky in a phone..

get the samsung then if you dont like nokia

samsung cant make phones to save their lifes LOL

it would be like buying a lotus over a lambo

the lotus looks good, but is it really better than a lambo!?!?

o2 have just offered me the n80 when it comes out , 500 mins ( 100 extra than at the moment) 800 txts ( 200 less than at the moment ) all for £34 p/month which is cheaper than the £45 i pay at the moment.

not bad i thought.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Sorry to hear that mitch :(

Just tried iSync on the mac, no worky, phone too new.

One google search, and 30 seconds later, bingo it syncs contacts, calendars etc without a problem. :)

Gotta go to the cinema in 20 minutes though :(

Justin-172 said:
o2 have just offered me the n80 when it comes out , 500 mins ( 100 extra than at the moment) 800 txts ( 200 less than at the moment ) all for £34 p/month which is cheaper than the £45 i pay at the moment.

not bad i thought.

Thats not too bad! Free N80?

Golf GTI 1.8T
right aftet another swearing session and actually sounding a bit stupid. because thats the lowest price they can do upgrade for. because there body (ofcom) subsadise the money on the phones to make them cheaper, and they get more money from them for new customers than they do existing, so basically orange are back stabbing c***s!!

anyway, just bought the damn phone for £49 and upped my contract to £35pm for 300 mins 500 txts, was tempted by the 500 mins 500 txts for £45 but can always do that I if need to.

only good point out of this is that I will have the fucker for thursday :D

Mini Cooper S sport
M1TCH said:
right aftet another swearing session and actually sounding a bit stupid. because thats the lowest price they can do upgrade for. because there body (ofcom) subsadise the money on the phones to make them cheaper, and they get more money from them for new customers than they do existing, so basically orange are back stabbing c**ts!!

anyway, just bought the damn phone for £49 and upped my contract to £35pm for 300 mins 500 txts, was tempted by the 500 mins 500 txts for £45 but can always do that I if need to.

only good point out of this is that I will have the f**ker for thursday :D

Were you on the £25pm contract before? Because you've had exactly the same problem as me but at least you're getting the phone now.

Thing is, I don't need all those minutes and texts..guess I'll have to hang on for O2.

5th June??? WAHHHHHHH:cry:

Golf GTI 1.8T
I was on £30pm for 200 mins 500 txt but I creamed the mins easy and my bill was allways £50+ so thought I'd get a few more mins for not much more :)

Only thing I'm worried about is the size, because I'm used to my Sammy E720 which is very small and a pretty good flip phone, has never let me down. and the N80 does look like a big mumma! lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
Only thing I'm worried about is the size, because I'm used to my Sammy E720 which is very small and a pretty good flip phone, has never let me down. and the N80 does look like a big mumma! lol

Don't worry about it mitch, it's only slightly chunkier than my SPV C500 and I'd class that as a pretty slim phone (imo!), it's shorter than it though.

Very small when you consider whats in it!

Golf GTI 1.8T
yer spose. gonna have to be carefull with it tho, used to the flip phone where you can bash it about in your pocket and not damage the screen. working on site everyday dont help.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sn00p said:
freak it. Not looking forward to typing in the wifi key!...
Yeah im on wi fi now and it is a tad difficult. But still great at the same time lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
so that msn will work perfect on it andy?

does the wifi cream the battery like it says in the reviews?

Golf GTI 1.8T
that must be killing it then!!

Be nice to have a phone that can actually bluetooth pair to my tomtom now too :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
M1TCH said:
that must be killing it then!!

Be nice to have a phone that can actually bluetooth pair to my tomtom now too :)

Except that there isn't a compatible version of TomTom available yet, as Tom pointed out earlier in the thread it'll most likely be TomTom 6 that is compatible with the version of the symbian OS this is running.

Golf GTI 1.8T
sorry mate I ment my tomtom go 500, they have bluetooth and you can use them as a handfree kit and txt display etc. my samsung wouldnt pai with it for some gay reason.

SLK 350
andy_con said:
get the samsung then if you dont like nokia

samsung cant make phones to save their lifes LOL

it would be like buying a lotus over a lambo

the lotus looks good, but is it really better than a lambo!?!?

Thats the most ridiculous thing to say. And despite what you may think, Samsung have bought a lot to the cellphone table in the last 2/3 years. Personally i think the D500/D600/D800 are fantastic phones, very compact, very functional and very easy to use and navigate.

You slate SE and you slate Samsung, i'm starting to think your some sort of Nokia fanboy.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Ozzyo, I'm fed up of samsung now. My last 2 phones have been samsung of which both and is still on most models crap software with not much useabiltity for applications such as tomtom, msn etc....

I've never owned a nokia so looking forward to using my new one when it comes :)

SLK 350
Not sure which phones you've all used extensively, but i assure you the D500/D600 and D800 ARE all good phones.

What is it in particular thats so bad about them?

(My last 4 phones have been SE btw)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
My mrs has a D500 and about 3/4 of my mates have it and none of them are happy with it. It looks ok, but just doesn't cut it compared to the new nokias.

Camera is complete twank!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
thats very true, i'll rephrase it

Samsung phones are poor, motorola phones are awful!

Going to look into getting an N80. Can't be doing with samsung or motorola (not very user friendly).

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ozzyo99 said:
Thats the most ridiculous thing to say. And despite what you may think, Samsung have bought a lot to the cellphone table in the last 2/3 years. Personally i think the D500/D600/D800 are fantastic phones, very compact, very functional and very easy to use and navigate.

You slate SE and you slate Samsung, i'm starting to think your some sort of Nokia fanboy.

i am a nokia "fanboy" LOL

samsung make really crap phones. Looks arent everything, the d500 was made really craply so many faults with it.

but hey someones gota buy them i suppose

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sn00p said:
Things could be worse, there's always motorola!

motorola are crap at making phones. But it has to be said there ummm software writing skills are much better than samsungs.

if you buy a samsung you are only buying it for looks and size.

Nokia make the best phones!

Golf GTI 1.8T
ahh dont start on motorola....there software is worse of all, slow, crap and boring. still dont think theyve put a decent camera module in them yet and they havent worked out how bluetooth works either lol.

samsung have mad some pretty phones and they are quick at open images and music etc compared to nokia, they also have good screens and fairly ok cameras I've been happy with mine for the year and has never broken down but I just dont think you get value for money with them, plus everybody has them.

Citroen DS3 DSport
My 3250 arrived yesterday and it's pretty impressive. I am however still slightly torn between keeping this or buying the N80. I've got 10 days left to decide what I want to do.

I had a D500 and I prefered that for general use to my K750i! Had the last 5 SE phones, havent had a Nokia since the 3310 I think it was, should have improved since then! lol