ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

DC5
Just been on the phone to O2. They said it would cost £49.99 to upgrade. I said I wasn't happy with that and I didn't want to have to pay anything. She then said let me try putting you through to retentions. She then came back and said they can't do anything, as they have not got the phone in stock until July.

What a joke. I then realed off all of the questions, why have you put in on the website today, why does it keep getting delayed etc. Non of which she could answer. I said I'll have to have a look in to getting it on Orange instead then, and left it at that.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
I called up o2 today...
New contract = £99
Upgrade for me = £129 (I spend £35/£40 a month!)

And as Bezza said, it's out of stock until mid July!!

w*****s!!

Think I'll wait for the N73 or E60 now, no point getting an out of date phone now.

on the phone to o2 now and they said it is in stock and she is trying to order it for me. will let you know how i get on when she takes me off hold lol.

sorted, the n80 to me should be £49.99 but they gave me a £45 credit ( 1 months free line rental ) and they also gave me the deal i was offered by o2 retentions of 500 mins any time any network, and 800 texts for £34 per month . lovley when a plan comes together. phone will be here tuesday :).

Justin.

DC5
Takes the piss. May give them another go 2moro.

o2 are the Renault of the phone world. No one knows what they are on about.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i upgreaded with o2 a few weeks ago to a 6280 spoke to 4 different ppl who all said different things completely

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
mcoppen said:
If anyones feeling brave this thread is all about flashing your n80. Need to go to about page 16-17 for n80 stuff.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=913725&page=17&pp=15

And this site is on that thread, and is a full guide on how to do it, including all the needed software.

http://nokia.dogtoe.com/

Obviously use at your own risk. lol.

Its easy to flash a phone if you have the right equipment LOL
and from flashing its pretty hard to kill a phone.
ive killed a few phones but always managed to get them back

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i flashed mine, just ensure you follow the instructions, as the nokia flashing software isnt suppose to be used by the general public. It should require a dongle but there is a way around it (its all explained) and you also need to run an update and install various apps to do it.

As for the phone...its mint!! camera is really good, and the WiFi is great! pages load at braodband speed, and look exactly as they do in a normal browser. Iv tried all my websites in it and other than flash components they all look spot on.

There is also the ability to browse your pc for music/pics/videos etc and either show/play them on your pc via remote control from the phone, or copy them over to the phone to play on there!

it has hung a couple of times on web browsing but generally iv not had any problems with it! just need to buy a 2gig SD card now :)

CTR EK9 turbo
Hmmm... I've been waiting since 22nd May for mine, keep being told "it's in stock and we're sending it" to "it's out of stock, we'l re-order it" and repeat.... this is from O2. :-(

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
fuk em lol! i waited a few weeks until the date they said ti was out, and then it was put back further.

their loss. other networks have better deals and the phone ready for next day delivery.

mint car btw. jealous!!!!

DC5
Another person, another story. Someone else saying it isn't coming out until the 15th of June. Bloody useless.

Was shopping around for one of these today and may have found a really good deal..phones 4 u firstly offered me it for free, with 350 minutes and 200 texts for £26 a month (18 month contract) told them I didnt want it for 18 months so they said theyd do the same deal for 12 but I'd have to pay £49 for the phone...said i wasnt paying a thing and they finally came down to doing that for free. I did push hard, but I really dont like dealing with P4U, they come across too pushy, a phone and a contract slip was revealed almost immediately after I asked what sort of deal they could do.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Adams_16v said:
There is also the ability to browse your pc for music/pics/videos etc and either show/play them on your pc via remote control from the phone, or copy them over to the phone to play on there!

how do you do that then??

what are the benefits from that flashing stuff?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
mitch,

stick the nokia disc in and there is an option for home media server. you download and install it then configure it. works a treat.

benefits of flashing to latest firmware are (just a couple hehe):

Changes/improvements made MCU SW v 3.0614.0.3 to v 3.0617.0.6:
- Right soft key function changes to “video call” when entering number in
idle to allow fast selection of Video Call.
- Memory optimization has been done to increase available RAM by about 2MB
- Video sharing is now supported in landscape mode
Accessories
- Improved the volume for text-to-speech conversion
- AD-15 performance improved
Applications
- Imrpovements to Anniversary, To-Do and calendar entries
- Improvements in Fixed dialing number (FDN) handling
- Improvements to FM Radio Auto tuning
Bluetooth
- Improved handling of Image transfer to Macs over Bluetooth
Camera
- Improvements to Video Adaptation Video Encoder and playback
- Camera key is no longer active if device locked
- Improvements to Camera rotation when used by 3rd party applications
- Camera shutter sound is now played during voice call
Data
- Improved PDP context activation time for PC dial up
Favourites
- Bookmarks can now be separated for WEB and Services applications
Gallery
- Flash files (SWF) appear in Gallery and are now launched in FlashPlayer
- Improvements to media gallery opening from camera application
Homezone
- HomeZone indication does not disappear during PDP context active
- HomeZone indication is displayed when GPRS is active and cell changes.
Idle
- EONS/Wrong operators names shown on the display
- Correctly shows network name
- EONS name scrolling stops when keys are locked
- Softkeys are missing in idle state
- Idle screen not always restored
- "Localised Greek - Media Gallery - Grammatical mistake in ""Transfer
complete Transferred %N item to %U"""
Mail settings
- Mail settings can now be used from MMC
Messaging
- Improvements to retrieving an email when there's no network coverage
MMS
- Improvements to Video Clip handling in MMS
- Pre-created mms messages can now be loaded
Music Player
- Music player handling when video open in background
Network settings menu
- GSM network settings menu, missing menu entry
Real Player
- ROP stays in Loading status sometimes for live streaming
Streaming
- Incoming Video Call improved handling
Security
- Application Manager: Application loses list of installed applications
- No post after user cancel JAR download
SIM
- SAT UI in file twice so set up idle mode text shown twice
- Phone is not issuing Event Downloads to the UICC in 3G
- Wrong behaviour when saving contact with long second number
Themes
- Updated motion theme
- SVG files containing PNG images are rendered incorrectly
USSD
- USSD command '*121*0#' cannot be processed with USIM
WLAN
- EAP-LEAP fix
- Esock IP crash when cancel pressed after search for WLAN
Video Call
- Video call improvements

Citroen DS3 DSport
I hate phones4u, staff are far to pushy and forever try to tell you how good a deal they are offering you even when it's s**t in comparison to another deal I've been offered elsewhere. I had my latest experience with them on Saturday and found they don't really listen to what you want. Constantly told them I wanted the N80 and no other phone yet they kept trying to get me onto TMobile who do not offer that phone. I eventually walked out.

Clio 172mk2
right i finally got mine set up , is there any way of maykin the camera part or galley in portiat rarther then landscape

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I think the cam is currently landscape only. Maybe an option in a later firmware but i like it personaly.

any phone re-seller is crap compared to deals offered by the networks themselves. Iv checked most and o2 and orange deals are much better if you get them direct. Re-sellers tend to have very few txts included.

p.s web browser via wlan is mint. Posting this via the phone. :)

Clio 172mk2
any one got some msn messanger software fo it that will work , or even tom tom 5 , duno if itll need to be re-encoded for the verson 3 of the symbian software

Clio 172mk2
M1TCH said:
downloading the home media server now :) 27.8mb

where from ,

and also how u supposed to get this fm radio working without subscibing to visual radio

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
FM radio works when you plug the headphones in as they act as the arial. you can have the radio via the loudspeaker though!

visual radio is something else.

TomTom aint out on the S60 V3 yet but it will be soon enough. and i think agile messenger is a good msn client, altho im not sure, gonna have a look round now as i wouldnt mind some.

Clio 172mk2
adam if u get a decent msn messenger one , any chance u could forward it to me , preferable something thats free

cheers

I have just been offered by o2 the N80 for £129.00 upgrade.
I would get 500 x net mins and 600 texts for 25.00/month?

Does not sound bad but the price of the handset is high and they are out of stock, problem is she could not say when she is getting some in.

Doh

I may call back when they have some in stock and say if they dont lower the price I will leave. Been with them over 5 years!

Scott

Clio 172mk2
well look at what they charge for a new customer on that tarif and if yers isnt better then complain, thats what i did . and they let me collect it from a o2 store same day

So for the guys that have got this phone..what are its best features, and what are its worst? How do you feel it compares with the N91?

Clio 172mk2
well i aint had or used a n91 ,

good
cam qulity ,
if some one calls u u can reject it n send them a predefine message.
accessing web though the wlan

bad
cam, galley are in landscape view

appart from that its just a fone for me

Citroen DS3 DSport
scott8629 said:
I have just been offered by o2 the N80 for £129.00 upgrade.
I would get 500 x net mins and 600 texts for 25.00/month?

That's similar to the first offer they made me. Eventually got the phone for free but on a 18 month tariff. £27 p/month 750 xnet mins and 750 texts.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
main thing i dont like is when its sat flat on a table or desk it rocks slightly on the macro switch. bit of a crap design.

rest of phone is top notch tho, w-lan prob being the best feature as well as the high res screen. looks really good compared to my 6680 and i thought that was quite good.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If there was a nice sized alternative available with wi-fi then I'd probably buy that instead but unfortunately there are not many great phones available right now. If the N73 was available then it'd be my first choice.

SLK 350
Just a shame its so bulky, tbh i wouldn't want anything much bigger than my K750i.

Don't get Wifi hotspots around the midlands really, well at least not in hinckley/nuneaton :(

Golf GTD
is this phone very slow? or is it fast.

like do menus take an age to load, or texting takes ages to regonise your keypresses?

172beast

Very fast, no lag going through menus on mine, no lag when typing text either, even in MMS, quick little processor in it.