ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80

Citroen DS3 DSport
I probably will get the N80 but if I was to choose the N70 or W810i I'd get the same 750 xnet minutes & 750 texts but on a 12 month contract at only £20 p/month

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Just got my today. Is really cool. Havent had a nokia since my 7210, so a far while. lol. So is take some getting used to. Cant get it to connect to my home wireless network however, which is annoying. Has the little sqaure up showing it knows one is there, but when you search it says no wlan is available.

Last edited:
  Clio 172mk2
mcoppen
yer i had a few problems with mine but i found out i`d missed a setting on the router to allow unknown devices to connect, now it works perfectly ,

Golf GTD
172beast said:
Very fast, no lag going through menus on mine, no lag when typing text either, even in MMS, quick little processor in it.

excellent, looks like im going back to nokia then :)

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Got it to set up a home access point. Can i use this to access the net? or only to file share.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
if you have wifi at home with net access you can use it for anything on the phone that requires a connection. even the operators service menu.

the good ting about wifi on the n80 is that it adds them as access points so its just the same as selecting gprs/dialup etc for net/wap access

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
No still wont work. Comes up saying services: no gateway reply. Bloody thing. It knows its there, as i can file share across it. Stupid thing.

Citroen DS3 DSport
This was posted on Mobile Review:

unsecured network

1) Menu - own - web - options - settings (access point - always ask)
after this Menu - connectivity - com mgr - (availale networks ) select your network - options define access point.

after that goto my own - web select a website should say "connection to server needed" select yes (searching for avaiable access points. select your home network e.g netgear. then it should work.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo
Yeah but it wont actually see the netwoek when i search for it using the com mgr. The only way i have found it is by entering all the details in to the advanced options on the home network bit. It will then talk to the network, but obviously doesnt know its useable as an internet connection. I have SSID switched to do not broadcast, could this be why it cant access it?

Last edited:
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
broadcast the SSID, add the phone, then stop broadcasting it. you dont want people finding your lan on your street.

seems to work better than adding the settings manually!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Adams_16v said:
broadcast the SSID, add the phone, then stop broadcasting it. you dont want people finding your lan on your street.

seems to work better than adding the settings manually!

yeah you do....so I can use it :evil:

I nick lan everywhere I go now, its quality :D

the worst thing deffinately is the macro switch!! its f**king cheap and tacky, should be flush with the case and tight.
also I dont like the menus not being numbered so you cant short cut to things like samsungs.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
you can still find hidden lans on it if u know how ;) hehe

but yeh stealing net connections has good satisfaction lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
Adams_16v said:
you can still find hidden lans on it if u know how ;) hehe

but yeh stealing net connections has good satisfaction lol

It's the one thing I'm looking forward to with this phone :D

o2!!!
The shitters, I called up orange and got offerd a great deal on a 18 month contract (1100 tests 500 x net mins 100 eve and weekend mins £30.00/month phone and for £50.00).

Called o2 to request my PAC so I could leave with my number. Turns out he offers me an 18 month deal 750 min and 750 texts £30.00/month phone £49.99.

I want to stay with o2 due to bad orange signal at work.

I say ahh but you have not got the phones in stock!! He replies 'we can have it with you in 2 days'!!

SO I agreed.

o2 have N80's I TELL YOU!

Scott

DC5
I will call them 2moro, and if they fob me off again then I am going with Orange. I do not know why I am after the phone so bad, as I will prob neva use half of the functions, as dont really understand all this wifi stuff etc. Hopefully be easy enough to understand once I get it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
On reading Scott's reply I phoned o2 and shouted at them a little then demanded they send me my n80. To my surprise they said ok and it will be with me this week. Excellent.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
this thread has been goign on for years LOL

the n80 and n91 are old now, bring on the n93

hahahahaha

Citroen DS3 DSport
There's old school Andy, he's had the N80 for 25 years now. My wait is finally over. Shame wifi networks no longer exist :(

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
There's old school Andy, he's had the N80 for 25 years now. My wait is finally over. Shame wifi networks no longer exist :(

LOL it does feel like ive had my n91 for ages now

stilling luving it though

Citroen DS3 DSport
Oooops I said you had an N80, I did mean to say N91.

I'm told Nintendo are planning on releasing a new console, the N64 :) Sounds great!!!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
sneeks said:
Oooops I said you had an N80, I did mean to say N91.

I'm told Nintendo are planning on releasing a new console, the N64 :) Sounds great!!!

lol im still on the dreamcast

Im STILL waiting, cant upgrade until 25th!! :(

Its a great phone, i just want slide again! The new SE slide is aaaaaaages away, LG Choc is possibilty! hmmm

Golf GTI 1.8T
not a fan of the slide tbh, try to pull it out your pocket and it opens, unlocking the key pad and answers the call. grr

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm not really a slide phone fan either but I suppose I better get used to it for the next 18 months.

You not like your N80 M1tch?

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah its good but not a good phone for my job. I'm and electrician and its so easily damageable.

I have to keep it in a bloody sandwich bag in my tool box, its too big to keep in my pocket, and would get crushed in a loft unlike my samsung e720 which I could throw about and you could turn the flash on full to use as a torch with a single button on the side which has been bloody handy on so may occasions.

If I worked in an office it would be great but I have to keep the thing protected at all times its annoying. also I'm worried about taking it clubbing too.

best thing is defo the wifi tho!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
M1TCH said:
yeah its good but not a good phone for my job. I'm and electrician and its so easily damageable.

I have to keep it in a bloody sandwich bag in my tool box, its too big to keep in my pocket, and would get crushed in a loft unlike my samsung e720 which I could throw about and you could turn the flash on full to use as a torch with a single button on the side which has been bloody handy on so may occasions.

If I worked in an office it would be great but I have to keep the thing protected at all times its annoying. also I'm worried about taking it clubbing too.

best thing is defo the wifi tho!

you should come to the phone stall on braintree market out side tesco on saturday mitch. im sure we can do you a good case to protect ya phone ;)

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
I just made "the call" to o2... It was as bad as I expected!

Firstly I'm o2's worst customer. I barely spend more than my £19 a month bill and I've only been with them 18 months.

Rang the upgrade line for a laugh and was quoted £280(!) Said I'd pass on that. Rang retentions and spent ages trying to get them to match the offer they have for new customers (£19 a month, £99 for the N80). Bloke said he couldn't do that but offered me all kinds of weird deals, even so far as to offer to transfer the contract to my wife (I'm not married!) and reduce the monthly bill to £5 and give her a free "nice girlie phone".

He said he could reduce the line rental to a fiver a month if I paid full price for the phone (£280) and signed for another 18 months. No thanks.

Eventually we gave up and I got my PAC code. Back to Orange, online offer straight from Orange's own site - £25 a month and £50 for the N80. Suits me fine. Impressed with Orange's website - I'm an existing customer of sorts, I have an OVP plan which I pay nothing for line rental on, just calls, so it costs me nothing unless I make calls, and I was able to enter that info and bypass all the credit checking and address entry malarkey. They also give the option of choosing when you want the phone delivered, ideal if you are going to be away the next day but back after then.

I've had contracts with Orange in the past and always had good service so It's nice to go back to them. Phone should be here in time for the weekend.

just binned orange today, absolute crap this last couple a weeks trying to sort out my problems. Never again with Orange for me

Clio 172mk2
yer o2 offered me fone for 230 qiud and 20 a month line rental , i never spend more then 20 a month unless im on hol with me fone.

in end paid 200 for fone tenner line rental for 12 month and 3 months insurence

Got mine today..to be honest I think its such a let down. In many respects ive downgraded in terms of a phone. Bulky, slow...who wants to browse the internet on their phone anyway? Really disappointed!

SLK 350
Indeed, thats why im planning to keep my K750 now. Its too big, the menu's aren't as intuitive as SE's and the phone offered more than i really needed. I rarely use the web on my phone, and texting on my K750 is a dream :)

Good for some folk though, just not for me tbh.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
depends what you want from a phone. I like my gadgets, tomtom etc etc.

Have u updated the firmware? mine isnt slow at all on the latest.

Still haven't updated the firmware on mine, how do you do it? don't want to plough threw 38 pages lol

really disapointed with mine, thinking of sending it back and getting the samsung e900 or wait for the k800. the phone is good but a bit slow and way to bulky for me. just not sure what to do