ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N900

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone had a play yet?

The missus thinks the iPhone is just not worth it as she has a touch.

This iirc Tom said was better than the n97. I don't want her getting a phone that's out of date in a week tbh.

Cupra
A guy at work has had one for a couple of months and he loves it. He is an out and out Nokia fanboy though so would probably say the same about the N97. It does seem to be fairly good, but its still not an iPhone. ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not worth it for her to get and iphone, vodafone offered a very good deal because I already have a contract phone with them.

The Nokia is vodafone only aswell and she's with o2 at the moment.

o2 have a poor selection of phones apart from the iphone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is that the htc shiz?

She's not a fan tbh.

It's for a chick so appearance comes into it obv!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's big but I don't mind the look of it, the n97 isn't a bad looking phone and I like the slide out keyboard but it's been out too long tbh.

Ph1 172.
I'm getting one of these on contract tomorrow, the reviews i have read have been fairly positive. Have a look on youtube for video reviews to give you an idea of how thyey operate and look. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Web browser is awesome. Bests the iPhone.

The phone is a geeks dream, very very advanced level stuff.
Way too complex for me. Plus it's massive.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
After watching the yt videos and read a massive 13 page review i'm pretty impressed.

As the name says it really is like a mini tablet even a netbook if you will.

The missus likes it, I worry about it being out of date really quickly tho compared with the iPhone, she won't wait on the new one coming out so it would be the 3gs and she's reluctant to pay for such a poor contract really.

2nd to the iphone Tom?

Ph1 172.
Carphone Warehouse usually have working phones on display to have a play with if you're unsure about the size. Also on a £35pm 24 month direct from vodaphone the phone is £150, on a £35pm contrsct from carphone warehouse it's free?!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah CW have very good deals, I think I could get a deal no probs from vodafone my whole family is with them and the last time I went to walk out the shop they started throwing good tarrifs about. :)

Still not sure. If you think about it 24 months means any phone will be out of date!

They really are c**ts!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
After watching the yt videos and read a massive 13 page review i'm pretty impressed.

As the name says it really is like a mini tablet even a netbook if you will.

The missus likes it, I worry about it being out of date really quickly tho compared with the iPhone, she won't wait on the new one coming out so it would be the 3gs and she's reluctant to pay for such a poor contract really.

2nd to the iphone Tom?

No, because in many ways its just a Linux netbook with a phone bolted on.

Its not the smooth seamless package the iphone is.

Ph1 172.
I love my N900. Sure it might be a tad on the bulky side, but it's great. Browsing the internet on it is a pleasure and pages loading as they should, flash pages are never an issue either. Messaging from the phone is great, the keyboard is a good size, you can use an on screen keyboard if you fancy. Intergrated Skype works brilliantly, albeit without video. Maemo 5, works well, the home screens seamlessly flow and work together. I love how easy it is to customise the Home screens to my preferences. The only downside i have encountered so far is the number of applications currently available is slightly limited, but i'm sure that will change. there seems to be a dedicated group of users at maemo.org dedicated to putting out applications for the N900.