ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N95 Screen

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello there folks...

Just got in... took my N95 out of my pocket and found that the screen is busted (broken...cracked up everywhere). God knows how it happened!! No idea how!!!!!

Anyways... I don't have insurance on it...

Any ideas? Can this be repaired?

If so, how much would it cost?

Thank You...

(really have to get this sorted... my I use this phone for personal use and business!! soooo gutted :( )

big red bus
screen is like £25/£30, you could give it a go yourself. a shop would charge maybe £40/50 including fitting?

Honda. Tesla Someday
screen is like £25/£30, you could give it a go yourself. a shop would charge maybe £40/50 including fitting?

Thank You!

I just had a look and an original screen is £22.94

I have no idea how to fit this!! Anybody know how?

I tried replacing an iPod screen once and I didnt have a clue. I got the old one off and didnt know how to attach the new. I guess I'll have to go down the 'professional' route with this!

Unless somebody can help???

edit: screen and parts can be found here:

http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=119983&gclid=COipyeju95QCFQ1TEAoduAU9qg

Fiat Panda 100hp
Mine is also cracked, did it before too, cost me £50 to get it fixed by local repair shop.

Tricky to do yourself as the screws that hold the cover on etc are tiny star things. I couldn't do it.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Mine is also cracked, did it before too, cost me £50 to get it fixed by local repair shop.

Tricky to do yourself as the screws that hold the cover on etc are tiny star things. I couldn't do it.

I dont really have a problem getting those screws off, I have access to tools everywhere. Its just taking the screen off and installing a new one thats the problem...

*turns in to the Hulk and goes on a rampage*

From memory of taking the phone apart a while ago...

1. Slide phone upwards and undo two screws
2. Slide phone backward and undo two screws
3. The facia should be loose (might need to prise it away a little)
4. The screen is just sat in place, it connects via a small cable, prise the cable of its seat and the screen comes out.

Might be worth checking youtube for videos on disassembe N95.

Honda. Tesla Someday
From memory of taking the phone apart a while ago...

1. Slide phone upwards and undo two screws
2. Slide phone backward and undo two screws
3. The facia should be loose (might need to prise it away a little)
4. The screen is just sat in place, it connects via a small cable, prise the cable of its seat and the screen comes out.

Might be worth checking youtube for videos on disassembe N95.

Nice! Thank You!!

edit: I can imagine the little cable connecting the screen, the iPod I tried to fix had the same thing. Thing is, how to you connect a new one? If its anything like the iPod screen connection then that is hard!!!!
by the way, if I get it repaired from a shop, I won't lose everything on my phone will I?

No way in hell can I afford to lose the stuff I have on here. I have about 400 contacts and 5000 messages!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ok, just spent £50 ordering the tool, the screen, the back peice (my originals clips broke), and a hard crystal cover. Also ordered a new keypad.

Not bad for £50!!!

Clio 172mk2
o2s just sent me a brand new n95 , cos the old repaired fone broke :)

for sake of 7 quid a month insurence is well worth it i think,

SQ5
Had mine done twice now, both in space of 2 weeks! Cost £35 each time to be done and didn't lose anything on my phone.

Company called Redstone who are Nationwide Approved Nokia Repairers!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yeah, its the first time I have cancelled my insurance early!! Arghh just my luck!

Oh wells... Guess I just have to wait for the parts tomorrow and see how I do...

Thanks for the help!! Will update when I've finished destroying my phone!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Right here goes...

I received the LCD screen, back battery cover, new keypad and the tool to open the phone.

I thought I would rather replace whatever was worn etc while I had it open.

So anyways, I set out to open the phone. I take the top 2 screws out, easy. Then I try the bottom ones...

The first one wouldnt turn and I ended up making it bold in just 2 turns! The second one at the bottom also did the same!! I was gutted! There was no way in hell this was going to come off! I was not panicking and in trouble!!

I got out of the house and jumped in to my trusty Clio, I connected up the Alpine head unit and connected my iPod. I sped my ass to a mobile phone repair shop and they 'told me off' for trying to do this myself. I told them it was easy but blueunplugged had sent me a crap tool and it had worn out the screw heads!

They tried...failed. They made them even worse! At this point I am going nuts.

So I come home and decide to hammer a flat precision screwdriver in to the little screw, so I can turn it and have it open!! Did not work!

So then another idea. I thought that if I drill the top of the screw...alot...it will wear it down, then I can simply pull the front face of the phone off. The screwed in part will remain in the front face..stuck... but the front face and screws is like £6, so I can replace it easy!

I decided to go ahead...AND IT WORKED!

I now have the new screen fitted, the new keypad fitted and the back cover fitted. w00T!

Thank You all for the help and I am so damn happy to have my phone back!!! I use this for work / personal all the damn time! Woo!!

CS FTW!

SLK 350
Nice one though I was expecting you to say you mullered it with a drill!

Norting more annoying than nuts/bolts that round off, had horrible trouble getting the to mounts off my 182 a while back, also needed drilling.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Nice one though I was expecting you to say you mullered it with a drill!

Norting more annoying than nuts/bolts that round off, had horrible trouble getting the to mounts off my 182 a while back, also needed drilling.

That is what I did! I drilled the hell out of it!! I got a drill bit the size of the head of the screw and I wore it down all the way and simply pulled the face off.

All I have to do now is get a new face and screws (total cost, about £5). Anyways, ALL DONE now, screen is working great!