ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N96 V20 Software

MINI Cooper S
b*****d thing... my N95 is on o2, have de-branded it before, but did a back up, changed my product code to euro one, updated phone, then changed product code back to the o2 one, now getting stuck on 61% when resorting backup :(

Re-installed my pc suite software on my pc and it restored fine :) so i now have everything working v20... not had a real good play with it yet but it seems SO much faster!

Just noticed the 'Start tracking' option has gone from the satnav. So you have to pay for any kind of navigation now. hmm!

annoying that i have redownload the standard games over the catalogue. and Fifa07 demo, pah! had the full game before the update.

Still always nice to have things upto date, liking the search feature on the main screen now, same as the GF's N81

Recaro Black Gold 182
Just noticed the 'Start tracking' option has gone from the satnav. So you have to pay for any kind of navigation now. hmm!

No, i think its still there.

Options > Use this place > (fill out the fields) > Show Route > Options > Start Navigation.

At least i think thats what you mean?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
had to change the product code to see the update but all is well and its now updated :D

Now to have a play..

SchwepTek™
There isnt that much new tbh. Other than it being quicker. I thought the camera app was supposed to be new, looks same to me!

Mk2 Clio dci
new cam software just makes picture processing faster when taking.

has anyone else noticed when you plug after market headphones in on v.20 the phone switches off then on again?

No, i think its still there.

Options > Use this place > (fill out the fields) > Show Route > Options > Start Navigation.

At least i think that's what you mean?

No mate. When I do that ^ I get asked to register my 3 day trial, then presumable pay for it thereafter. Before if you went to start tracking it would show your GPS position on your route so basically it was Satnav without the voice navigation.

There isnt that much new tbh. Other than it being quicker. I thought the camera app was supposed to be new, looks same to me!

Ive got:

1. Demand Paging
2. New camera software
3. Ngage preview button
4. Search 4.0 on the desktop
5. New My Nokia app for SMS tips, new welcome demo, menu layout, new icons here and there
6. Music Store app
7.When you flip to potrait (reveling the music keys) it doesnt automaticly go into the media menu, thank god.
8.New Satnav software (Smart2go's software actually)
9.Much faster GPS lockon

SchwepTek™
Yeh i have that. The search desktop bar is annoying, i want it gone LOL. The camera and demand paging is cool. Oh yeh Maps is new too. Thats cool.

6/468 17poo
Just done it, god dunno what i worried about its soooo freaking easy, everyone should deffo do it!!

So can i run 6/8gb card now on the new firmware?

Ryan

BMW F31
i have alos just done it, tested it against my girlfriends N95 and it is definately much faster at boot up and taking photo's. also it seems to respond much quicker as well. really pleased i updated :D

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
how did you do a back up of the o2 settings etc dan?
im guessing it'l prob be the same for the n73....

Clio Sport 172
ok i have a question lol i debranded my 95.. with the standard n95 code and then found out i have the plum version.... i have updated to v20.. but apparently on the plum version there is a v21 out..

so i was wondering if i changed my product code again to the plum one would it brick my phone?

Recaro Black Gold 182
I have a plumb version with the plumb generic product code and can confirm there is no V21. V20 is still the latest.

SchwepTek™
LOL i have a generic plum too. I just don't have a PC to check on the updater. Silly nokia not catering for macs.....

Does anyone know how I could update my Nokia N90? I've also got a mac just to make things that little bit harder :)

SchwepTek™
You can't!!! Need a PC!

Of course if you have Leopard (which you should coz its awesome) it has Boot Camp built in so you can install windows on to your mac and run the updater via that! Alternatively you can downloaded parallels which also lets you install windows on any mac!

Is it a de-branding update? Ie: if i was to get this on orange, change the product code. it'll come up with just nokia?

Sy

Cool not a problem as id use it on Orange anyway. But it'll clear all the crap orange normally puts on its phones?

Sy

You can't!!! Need a PC!

Of course if you have Leopard (which you should coz its awesome) it has Boot Camp built in so you can install windows on to your mac and run the updater via that! Alternatively you can downloaded parallels which also lets you install windows on any mac!

Cheers, yeah I have leopard :cool:

Will install parallels and get it done!

Adam

Clio Sport 172
ok i have a problem i have just found lol... when i slide my slide down the thingy menu does not start.. any thoughts anyone?

si

BMW F31
its designed not to, you have to press the media button. i read that earlier on a site, i think its better it doesnt open the media gallery anymore. i much prefer the fact it swaps to landscape now.

also i saw version 21.0.001 on a fair few sites!? guess we'll have to wait and see if nokia updates it!

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172
ahh thats ok then lol... i have just encounted another problem it wont connect to pc through the usb cable :(

BMW F31
yeah mine was being a pain earlier, what i ended up doing was to plug in the phone switch it off then on again whilst plugged in then the pc found it again!? who knows why lol

SchwepTek™
You can't!!! Need a PC!

Cheers, yeah I have leopard :cool:

Will install parallels and get it done!

Adam

Don't need parallels if you got leopard!!

It's built in.

Go to utilities, boot camp asistant!!!

lol nah Boot camp I have to restart every 5 minutes! with parallels I can just click between mac and windows.

Win.