ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia / Symbian Remote control software

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
We need to remotely support some Nokia E71 smart phones. Does anyone know or use any software to connect via USB to remotely configure (sort of remote desktop with a phone display GUI).

Basically a lot of users will be at a remote office so they could plug the phone into their PC then we can remote desktop to the PC to access the phone.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not possible.

What exactly are you trying to configure?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I remember using some software years ago for windows mobile but not symbian os. Would be a great bit of software if it exists!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Again, what are you attempting to do?

Install apps to the device? Sending Settings?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Yep, anything like that really. Had an issue this morning with someone trying to define the access point in the remote office and running into problems. We have detailied easy to follow instructions on how to do it but they still can get it to work. If I could have remote access to the phone I'd be able to sort it very quickly. Dont really want to drive 400 miles just to configure a single handset.

Thanks for the link Dave .. Seems pretty close to what i need ..

http://mobileways.de/products/remotepro/remote-professional/