ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non Abrasive Polish ??

RS 200
I'm pretty sure I remember reading on a thread somewhere which I cant find, may not have even been in this forum come to that.

However I think I remember reading that PoorBoys did a sort of Chemical cleaning polish that stripped of wax and everything but without being an abrasive and wearing the paint down.
Am I imagining reading this or can someone help point me in the right direction :eek:

Cheers

Chris

106 GTi
Klasse AIO and Carlack 68 are chemical cleaners, Poorboys Polish is the one your loking for is said to be akin to to AIO in the way it works to, never tried it though.

Forgive me but can you not just use washing up liquid?? I remember ages ago someone used this method on there cup, Does this really work?

Rob.

Mondeo STTDCI
rwaterman said:
Forgive me but can you not just use washing up liquid?? I remember ages ago someone used this method on there cup, Does this really work?

Rob.

Very wrong place to ask this mate lol!

Calm down Rich....Brazo....Calm down!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rich said:
Klasse AIO and Carlack 68 are chemical cleaners, Poorboys Polish is the one your loking for is said to be akin to to AIO in the way it works to, never tried it though.

Are these the best things to use to remove wax before claying the car , or can i just use AG super resin polish ?

Last edited:
  106 GTi
Super Resin does the same job but includesd some mild abrassives.

I would use them after claying though, clay will remove wax anyway.

As for fairy liquid this will strip you right back to bare paint if you want to use it on your paint. Lots do, your choice!

106 GTi
Yeah that is the Poorboys AIO equivilent really. You looked into Clearkote Vanilla Moose Handglaze at all Chris?

RS 200
Cheers Rich, will probably go for either the Clearkote or the poorboys then, when I'm doing my monthly product purchase in the week :)

I'm sure the Klasse AIO is a good product going by all the recommendations but not sure I want to spend 20 notes on a polish that wont be used that often. Rather spend it on a good wax like I've done with the Collinite and P21s.

On that note, the collinite is brill, put one coat on last weekend, didnt get any rain until Friday, and the beading was amazing, and after coming back home yesterday after a motorway journey in the rain there was no water on the car as it just wasnt sticking.

Chris

106 GTi
I think you will find you will use AIO lots if you do other peoples cars, I use it on my family's cars, Dads Van, Grans, Sisters, etc as I am normally pushed for time as they want them done quickly when the pop buy, so is a great one step product. Cleans and protects all in one very easy step. Topped with AG EGP it looks fantastic and gives lots of protection. I woulndt be without it.

But like you say on you own car you will be better of with a nice Glaze and Wax, I hardly ever use AIO on my Clio. My 306 though thats all it gets most the time.

RB182cup&golf gti
Deep Crytal Polish stage 2 is non abrasive IIRC, could be wrong tho. AIO very good stuff tho, esp when used on PC

Titanium 182 full fa
TELFORDS_LURK said:
Cheers Rich, will probably go for either the Clearkote or the poorboys then, when I'm doing my monthly product purchase in the week :)

I'm sure the Klasse AIO is a good product going by all the recommendations but not sure I want to spend 20 notes on a polish that wont be used that often. Rather spend it on a good wax like I've done with the Collinite and P21s.

On that note, the collinite is brill, put one coat on last weekend, didnt get any rain until Friday, and the beading was amazing, and after coming back home yesterday after a motorway journey in the rain there was no water on the car as it just wasnt sticking.

Chris
Which collinite have you been using?

RS 200
co01.jpg

#476s

Chris

RS 200
I have P21s too, very nice wax and will be using it during the summer months. P21s is very easy to apply and remove and leaves a nice finish, not super durable though compared to the collinite.

Will carry on topping up the collinite, when I have to for the next 6-8 weeks though before I switch to the P21s.

Chris