ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non clio (Punto HGT problems)

Peugeot 308
Hello guys, yes i know its not a clio, just thought id pick some of your minds on my missus punto.

Basically its an 01 plate 1.8HGT with 54k on the clocks.

2 weeks ago coming back from london at 70mph on the motorway, she was getting sudden dips in power (hiccup style) it cleared and she thought nothing of it.

a week ago, coming back from liverpool, the car started doing it again, then at 70mph it just died. she got over to the hardshoulder and tried starting it again, no luck.

RAC guy was a complete waste of space, so 2 days later, the car was dropped off back at her house with no known defects, it still wont start...

the cambelts fine (recently done)
theres no visible signs of headgasket failure, plus the temp gauge didnt go no where near hot.
I would do a compression test, if i had a tester, may be able to blag one.

today im going to take another look it, and whip some fresh plugs in there for good measure.

anyone got any thoughts?

Daz

Compression test is your friend.

Had the same sort of thing happen to my other half's HGT @ 92k miles, decent cambelt and so on.

No overheating, or mayo, but the belt had slipped a couple of teeth and it'd bent 8 exhaust valves!

If you find out that it's something else like the throttle body going, might be worth giving me a pm as I broke a few bits off the car before it went to the scrappy.