ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non RS Clio 2 Phase B brake swap.

Grey2231

ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio 2 1.4 16v
So after a bit of searching here and google I am here to ask a question.
Will the 172/182 front brakes swap over to a non rs clio 2?
Mine is a 2002 1.4 16v 98hp.
I am looking into beefing up the suspension and brakes so I thought the brakes from the 172/182 would be much better.
Thanks

Clio 172 + Clio200T
If you want to go mild.. I'd say 172 rotors, and to avoid adapting 172 calipers (not worth the hassle) you can try to find some citroen c5 (I don't remember which spec.. 2.0hdi IIRC) calipers. Those bolt straight on. Non sport hubs. (I have a couple here in the garage)
If you want something more beefier.. you cam go the 4pot route.
Here I just wrote the details:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
good advice above didn't know about the Citroen brakes!

The option to use 172 callipers would probably involve moving over to a wide track front end, so swapping ARB, lower arms, Hubs, brakes and suspension. - A worthwhile upgrade but getting harder and costly to source the bits.

Clio 172 + Clio200T
good advice above didn't know about the Citroen brakes!

The option to use 172 callipers would probably involve moving over to a wide track front end, so swapping ARB, lower arms, Hubs, brakes and suspension. - A worthwhile upgrade but getting harder and costly to source the bits.
Exactly.
To use them you need to swap hubs, so at least need to replace them and also suspensions.
Then since cvd splines are different you have 2 options:
1) go widetrack.. so as Martin said, swap arms, shafts, arb and so on.
Or
2) go hybrid. So swap only spline hubs keeping your cvd axles, arms and arb with 172 hubs. But you will need to use camber bolts or make oval holes on shocks to set the correct camber.

Both involve work and money, citroen calipers are a cheaper and faster solution and are plug and play